Page 2108 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 1108160820082058209821062107210821092110211821582208 ... LastLast
Results 21,071 to 21,080 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    Seems right to me. There will probably be 5 QBs in the first round this year, and I think Rosen will bust hugely, Lamar Jackson will be a career backup, Allen will bounce around from team to team as a practice squad guy, and Mayfield I can't really tell. Darnold will probably be a franchise QB.
    I'd agree with your first line. I don't see any quarterback I love in this class. Although my guess is Rosen is a career starter. Allen turns out as well. I'm a little more concerned on Darnold than the consensus. My guess is a career similar to Mark Sanchez. Lamar Jackson could be a decent dual threat quarterback till he gets beat up, but I don't see a long career there. I think Mayfield is the bust in the class.
    Quote Originally Posted by GOD
    Hail the Bison!

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTru View Post
    I'd agree with your first line. I don't see any quarterback I love in this class. Although my guess is Rosen is a career starter. Allen turns out as well. I'm a little more concerned on Darnold than the consensus. My guess is a career similar to Mark Sanchez. Lamar Jackson could be a decent dual threat quarterback till he gets beat up, but I don't see a long career there. I think Mayfield is the bust in the class.
    Sam Rosen = Joe Flacco minus SB ring
    Josh Allen = Brock Osweiler
    Sam Darnold = Mark Sanchez
    Lamar Jackson = Terrelle Pryor
    Baker Mayfield = Johnny Manziel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post

Rosen = Flacco? How do you figure? Don't even get me started on the rest of them. LOL@Lamar Jackson = Terrelle Pryor. Not even close. I'm not even trying to argue he'll be better, but they are totally different players.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Josh Rosen = Sam Bradford/Matt Staford
    Love the Allen Osweiler Comp
    Love the Darnold Comp
    Lamar = RGIII
    Baker = Kirk Cousins

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My take:

Rosen: Eli Manning
    Allen : Joe Flacco
    Darnold : Mark Sanchez
    Mayfield : Case Keenum

Lamar Jackson I'm having a harder time for a comp. A poor mans Michael Vick or a RGIII with a better work ethic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GOD
    Hail the Bison!

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTru View Post
    My take:

Rosen: Eli Manning
    Allen : Joe Flacco
    Darnold : Mark Sanchez
    Mayfield : Case Keenum

Lamar Jackson I'm having a harder time for a comp. A poor mans Michael Vick or a RGIII with a better work ethic.
    They joke about this on KFAN but it's kind of interesting when people try to compare a player to someone it always lines up with their race. People naturally do it, I'm guilty of it as well.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    They joke about this on KFAN but it's kind of interesting when people try to compare a player to someone it always lines up with their race. People naturally do it, I'm guilty of it as well.
    Is there smaller framed white qb with elite mobility that you think is a better comp from recent history. Be kind of weird to say he's a poor mans Fran Tarkenton.

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Is there smaller framed white qb with elite mobility that you think is a better comp from recent history. Be kind of weird to say he's a poor mans Fran Tarkenton.
    Terrelle Pryor is not a small framed QB, which is part of why this is a ridiculous comparison. The only thing they have in common is they are black athletes that played QB in college. Jackson is a lot more polished as a passer than Pryor. Jackson's first instinct is not to run, he keeps his eyes downfield.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    From a mobile QB perspective Jake Plummer or Alex Smith maybe.

I just find it interesting, no disrespect to BisonTru. Like I said I do the same thing.

It's really difficult to judge how good college QBs (or any college player) will pan out in the NFL. Just look at how Wentz and Goff were judged a few years ago. Experts felt they graded below the Winston and Mariota duo and nowhere close to Andrew Luck. I'm not totally sold on Goff yet due to Sean McVay's influence, but Wentz is definitely looking like the more athletic Peyton Manning I felt he could become and already has ben an integral part of getting his team a Super Bowl Championship - something that Luck, Winston nor Mariota have come close to doing so far in their careers.

With that said, I believe this class is better than most are predicting. Here's how I would rank them:

10) Riley Ferguson (Memphis): Five-year NFL back-up and probably has a better professional career than his college predecessor, Paxton Lynch.
    9) Luke Falk (Washington State): Five to seven-year NFL back-up.
    8) Josh Allen (Wyoming): Will get decent playing time his first three seasons until teams realize that he's not Carson Wentz. Will be in the NFL for 7-10 years as a journeyman back-up.
    7) Kyle Lauletta (Richmond): Might take two to three years before a NFL team capitalizes on his potential. I'm thinking a Rich Gannon-type career possiblity.
    6) Mason Rudolph (Oklahoma State): Will be a decent NFL starter for four to seven years. Not a winner, but serviceable.
    5) Lamar Jackson (Louisville): I so much want to rank him higher due to his freak athleticism. I think with the right coach and system (much like Goff with the Rams) he could be something of a paradigm shift in the NFL. He could be scary-awesome.
    4) Mike White (Western Kentucky): My dark horse that will make some NFL GM look like a genius when they get him as a steal in the third or fourth round.
    3) Josh Rosen (UCLA): Perhaps the most ready, NFL-prototype QB available. However, he carries a weird dark cloud persona with him that rubs people the wrong way. Will that make him another Jay Cutler/Jeff George type QB or will he be able to holster his personal demons like Aaron Rodgers did and lead his team to a Super Bowl Championship?
    2) Baker Mayfield: The QB who will see the most success right away of this class. He's badarse field general who has an unbelievable accurate arm. I liken him to a more talented Jim McMahon.
    1) Sam Darnold: This guy won't see success right away, but will have the best career of this year's QB class. The former linebacker has toughness that breaks the mold of USC-pansy arse QBs. He will be the first former USC QB to win a Super Bowl.
    Hail the BISON!!!