Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bison Pride

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Bison Pride

First things first, sorry to anyone I may have offended recently with any negative remarks made about my fellow Bisonvile bretheren. Calling anyone idiots, stupid or dumb...while not specifically saying it about any person, still is not appropriate.

Please allow me this oppurtunity to best explain some things from my perspective. I'm a big sports fan. I'm a huge Bison football fan. Bison football is the #1 thing I look forward to all year long. My dad and I (and I don't care if that bothers anyone that I say that alot, I've already mentioned what Bison football means to us since my mom died) love to travel together and cheer our favorite team. Do I think I'm a bigger fan than anyone on this board? No. Do I think I'm better than anyone on this board because I have a schedule that allows me to go to a lot of games during the season? No. Do I bring up how long I've been a member on this board to prove that I'm better than you or more of a die hard fan than you? No, the only reason I mentioned that was because in all the time I've been here I've never once been treated like this or called any of the things I was called this week. Do I get into pissing matches with fans from other schools on this board? No, and I'll explain why. It's not because I think I'm better than any of you that feel the need to constantly reply to these trolls. It's because I'm a fan of the NDSU Bison, who are 11 time National Champions, and we have this thing in this program that is called Bison Pride and I don't feel the need to smack talk anyone back. I let the Herd prove themselves on the field, in the classroom, at this amazing university, in this community, etc. The expression "Act like you've been here before" comes to mind. Not sure if this cleared anything up for those of you that are seriously misunderstanding me, but I tried my best to explain where I'm coming from.

PS: I'm 36, and I wear tights on occasion when I go on the road. It gets a laugh from people and that's why I do it. At the end of the day, I try not to care what people think of me, but it's not always easy.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bison Pride

Everyone seems to get grumpy on here over the off season
    The fella that watches the CFL

Quote Originally Posted by 11>1 View Post
    first things first, sorry to anyone i may have offended recently with any negative remarks made about my fellow bisonvile bretheren. Calling anyone idiots, stupid or dumb...while not specifically saying it about any person, still is not appropriate.

Please allow me this oppurtunity to best explain some things from my perspective. I'm a big sports fan. I'm a huge bison football fan. Bison football is the #1 thing i look forward to all year long. My dad and i (and i don't care if that bothers anyone that i say that alot, i've already mentioned what bison football means to us since my mom died) love to travel together and cheer our favorite team. Do i think i'm a bigger fan than anyone on this board? No. Do i think i'm better than anyone on this board because i have a schedule that allows me to go to a lot of games during the season? No. Do i bring up how long i've been a member on this board to prove that i'm better than you or more of a die hard fan than you? No, the only reason i mentioned that was because in all the time i've been here i've never once been treated like this or called any of the things i was called this week. Do i get into pissing matches with fans from other schools on this board? No, and i'll explain why. It's not because i think i'm better than any of you that feel the need to constantly reply to these trolls. It's because i'm a fan of the ndsu bison, who are 11 time national champions, and we have this thing in this program that is called bison pride and i don't feel the need to smack talk anyone back. I let the herd prove themselves on the field, in the classroom, at this amazing university, in this community, etc. The expression "act like you've been here before" comes to mind. Not sure if this cleared anything up for those of you that are seriously misunderstanding me, but i tried my best to explain where i'm coming from.

Ps: I'm 36, and i wear tights on occasion when i go on the road. It gets a laugh from people and that's why i do it. At the end of the day, i try not to care what people think of me, but it's not always easy.
    word. 10char

option 3. el chapo's advice don't listen to anyone else's opinion and keep on keeping on doing you while doing you!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Good post.

Some guys enjoy smack talk. I don't care for it unless it's with my good friends. I don't ever want it to escalate to burning a house down! Ha!

The opposing fans are more impressed with intelligent football discussion than stupid bs.

Don't stress over any of the posts, you should be proud of your Bison Pride that gives you and your family something to do together.

My wife and I have been big Bison fans since the late 70's and have always been very proud of the teams. There's something about these latest champions that makes us especially proud. I was around a few Badger football players in '83-84 and they came across as lunkheads who really thought they were kingshit. "Our" Bison come across as more than great athletes. They are smart, well rounded young men who aren't full of themselves. They've done a great job of making the Bison fans really want to "contribute" in some way, to be a part of whole thing. They don't act like they're in their own little exclusive club. That's a small part of why Bison Pride has grown so huge. Along with the spectacular play!

First things first, sorry to anyone I may have offended recently with any negative remarks made about my fellow Bisonvile bretheren. Calling anyone idiots, stupid or dumb...while not specifically saying it about any person, still is not appropriate.

Please allow me this oppurtunity to best explain some things from my perspective. I'm a big sports fan. I'm a huge Bison football fan. Bison football is the #1 thing I look forward to all year long. My dad and I (and I don't care if that bothers anyone that I say that alot, I've already mentioned what Bison football means to us since my mom died) love to travel together and cheer our favorite team. Do I think I'm a bigger fan than anyone on this board? No. Do I think I'm better than anyone on this board because I have a schedule that allows me to go to a lot of games during the season? No. Do I bring up how long I've been a member on this board to prove that I'm better than you or more of a die hard fan than you? No, the only reason I mentioned that was because in all the time I've been here I've never once been treated like this or called any of the things I was called this week. Do I get into pissing matches with fans from other schools on this board? No, and I'll explain why. It's not because I think I'm better than any of you that feel the need to constantly reply to these trolls. It's because I'm a fan of the NDSU Bison, who are 11 time National Champions, and we have this thing in this program that is called Bison Pride and I don't feel the need to smack talk anyone back. I let the Herd prove themselves on the field, in the classroom, at this amazing university, in this community, etc. The expression "Act like you've been here before" comes to mind. Not sure if this cleared anything up for those of you that are seriously misunderstanding me, but I tried my best to explain where I'm coming from.

PS: I'm 36, and I wear tights on occasion when I go on the road. It gets a laugh from people and that's why I do it. At the end of the day, I try not to care what people think of me, but it's not always easy.
    Great Post.

As Tab said yesterday...It takes a big man.

I love your pride. Don't change a thing about how you cheer for your team. I also love how you share it with your family as do I. My dad and mom didnt even go to NDSU but they watch the games and mom even wants me to get her an 82 Jersey.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Were all crabby. Two weeks till gametime. I saw you in Frisco in the tailgating lot and appreciated the free entertainment. I assume it was you ��

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Great post, but I disagree slightly in one regard. We do have some people that are idiots, village type. I won't name anyone either. Except for TAB and AnswerGuy...I mean c'mon man. These guys are idiots with a capital W.

And SDBison, Tatanka, PL, bisonfans1, CAS, and anyone else on here that is part of The Horny Bison tailgate crew. Why anyone would associate with these stupid dumb idiots is beyond me. Consistenly have the worst food in the tailgate lot.

Have you ever tried to have a conversation with Hammersmith? Take one look at his last name, and that is all you need to know. "Ooooo, my ancestors can count to 7 in German." Good for you, bumblefu*k. Take your facts and reasoned opinions and shove it.

SamsRams and Mr. Burgundy...yes we get it, you stupid dumb idiots are well-connected with tons of insider info, but do you have to put it on here for all to read? I don't think anyone on Bisonville is ever curious who our latest recruits are. Just stop with informing us of our future.

Bisonaudit -- holy yumping yimminies. This guy thinks he knows everything when it comes to economics, taxes, and business climate. You act like a snobby CPA or something. Try not to break your pocket protector after you read this.

El_Chapo and MNLonghorn are as boring as they come. Have you guys ever seen anyone go down in flames repeatedly like these guys? Yes, these guys brought some entertainment value years ago to the board, but now all they down is shout down the visionaries around here, saying we will fail BIG TIME if we go FBS. OK small-thinkers, stay in your DII days, and go play Augie and Morningside. Even your stupid bus is DII. Step it up, loosers.

Moosbah, tatemosersneighbor, BisonCountry, Gully, HerdMentality, UNDThunderingHerd, tjamz...talk to them at a game or while tailgating, and all you get is "Ya, I beat this dude up in high school 23 years ago. Have I ever told you the story?" Bunch of Uncle Rico's.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Great post, but I disagree slightly in one regard. We do have some people that are idiots, village type. I won't name anyone either. Except for TAB and AnswerGuy...I mean c'mon man. These guys are idiots with a capital W.

And SDBison, Tatanka, PL, bisonfans1, CAS, and anyone else on here that is part of The Horny Bison tailgate crew. Why anyone would associate with these stupid dumb idiots is beyond me. Consistenly have the worst food in the tailgate lot.

Have you ever tried to have a conversation with Hammersmith? Take one look at his last name, and that is all you need to know. "Ooooo, my ancestors can count to 7 in German." Good for you, bumblefu*k. Take your facts and reasoned opinions and shove it.

SamsRams and Mr. Burgundy...yes we get it, you stupid dumb idiots are well-connected with tons of insider info, but do you have to put it on here for all to read? I don't think anyone on Bisonville is ever curious who our latest recruits are. Just stop with informing us of our future.

Bisonaudit -- holy yumping yimminies. This guy thinks he knows everything when it comes to economics, taxes, and business climate. You act like a snobby CPA or something. Try not to break your pocket protector after you read this.

El_Chapo and MNLonghorn are as boring as they come. Have you guys ever seen anyone go down in flames repeatedly like these guys? Yes, these guys brought some entertainment value years ago to the board, but now all they down is shout down the visionaries around here, saying we will fail BIG TIME if we go FBS. OK small-thinkers, stay in your DII days, and go play Augie and Morningside. Even your stupid bus is DII. Step it up, loosers.

Moosbah, tatemosersneighbor, BisonCountry, Gully, HerdMentality, UNDThunderingHerd, tjamz...talk to them at a game or while tailgating, and all you get is "Ya, I beat this dude up in high school 23 years ago. Have I ever told you the story?" Bunch of Uncle Rico's.

Pfft. I bet you can't even read your own posts much less all the big words in everyone else's.

Oops. I think I just stepped out of compliance. That wasn't safe.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

That's funny! I don't partake in smack talk cause I'm too slow. Ha!