Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU Dynasty

EagleBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default NDSU Dynasty

Didn't see this posted yet

Bleacher Link

Last year, Craig Bohl did what Nick Saban couldn't: He won his third straight national championship.

The term "dynasty" gets thrown around at the slightest hint of a three-peat these days and for good reason. Including Bohl, only a handful of coaches at any level of college football have accomplished that feat. Legendary Notre Dame coach Knute Rockne didn't get it done. Bear Bryant never did it either as a consensus champion. Saban came close, winning BCS titles with the Crimson Tide in 2010, 2012 and 2013, but the third has eluded him.

With his 2011-2013 FCS Championship trifecta, Bohl, joined the ranks of Jerry Moore (Appalachian State), Bob Reade (Augustana), Lance Leipold (Wisconsin-Whitewater), Larry Kehres (Mount Union) and Mike Van Diest (Carroll), cementing himself among coaches in the modern era with at least three straight national titles. And Bohl went through the FCS playoffs to get it done.
    Collector of Bison Homecoming pins - Buy or Trade

Default Re: NDSU Dyanasty

Wow that was a great read!
    The only minor error was referring to the 1965-68 and 69 team as Division 2.
    They were College Division which was the 2nd highest level back then. (There were only 2 divisions, no D1aa, D2, D3) We played teams like Montana, Northern Iowa, San Diego State, and Boise.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

You aren't a dynasty /thread

kane, my burrito was cold at caseys/hyvee this afternoon, come fix the lightbulb in the microwave, k thanks.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddykane View Post
    3 straight national titles? I think that is considered a dynasty.

Lakes I mean el chapo try going to chipotle and back on topic you guys aren't a dynasty /thread

Lakes I mean el chapo try going to chipotle and back on topic you guys aren't a dynasty /thread
    Enlighten us on what is a dynasty please.

The poll from the article tends to disagree with you, Melvin

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Enlighten us on what is a dynasty please.
    UCLA basketball they dominated for 10+ years at the highest level, you guys have had some great years but that doesn't make you a dynasty.

UCLA basketball they dominated for 10+ years at the highest level, you guys have had some great years but that doesn't make you a dynasty.
    #jealousbutthurt
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.