Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: New schedule philosophy?

Default Re: New schedule philosophy?

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    I can understand snowbirding but Phoenix is a pit. I would take pretty much anywhere else warm and dry over that place
    Phoenix is 100X better than anything in the god forsaken smog hell hole of California. So your only other options are small cities in Arizona or Las Vegas.

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    C'mon, Schnepf! Show a little more creativity in that article. Including the headline, the phrase "big boys" was used seven times. Got a bit old.

JSUBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Lots of NDSU alums in the Phoenix area.

NDSU vs Rutgers would be a good one, plus there's a fair number of alumni that could make the game. Not as many ND/MN folks could make it, but I like that matchup.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    the mere fact that NDSU scheduled a GLIAC team in replacement of MSU's vagina-itus, screams that after the worthy 4-5 teams in FCS, its no different than scheduling a true D2 power.

Id like to be out of that situation in the next 5 years after NDSU finishes their 9 peat in football.

NO FCS team right now has the program that NDSU has. Not even close. Montana has the name, but they haven't done shit in 15 years.

NDSU's pretty much blitzkreiged all of these true FCS schools winning national championships in over half of their eligibility years. Hell it should be 4 out of 6 years. Theyre just going to get better, and run clinics on these poor teams. you can trash bottom feeding FBS teams. But them coming to town, also means that midlevel and good RANKED teams can and will come to Fargo. we've seen the damn orgasm when Southern Miss came for 1 game in basketball. Start whoring ourselves out for 2 for 1's against P5 schools...then we're cooking. National titles, not likely...but again, outside of the FCS community, FCS national titles are looked down upon in the grand scheme of things.

Lets have some fun potentially playing good recognized teams in Fargo besides always having to go on roadies 1 game a year.
    I'm in Longhorn's camp on this one. If we can't play any more FBS teams in the future, NDSU needs to seriously look at other options.

Easton stick wants to beat a FBS 3 years in a row after Carson beats 2 in a row
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    the mere fact that NDSU scheduled a GLIAC team in replacement of MSU's vagina-itus, screams that after the worthy 4-5 teams in FCS, its no different than scheduling a true D2 power.

Id like to be out of that situation in the next 5 years after NDSU finishes their 9 peat in football.

NO FCS team right now has the program that NDSU has. Not even close. Montana has the name, but they haven't done shit in 15 years.

NDSU's pretty much blitzkreiged all of these true FCS schools winning national championships in over half of their eligibility years. Hell it should be 4 out of 6 years. Theyre just going to get better, and run clinics on these poor teams. you can trash bottom feeding FBS teams. But them coming to town, also means that midlevel and good RANKED teams can and will come to Fargo. we've seen the damn orgasm when Southern Miss came for 1 game in basketball. Start whoring ourselves out for 2 for 1's against P5 schools...then we're cooking. National titles, not likely...but again, outside of the FCS community, FCS national titles are looked down upon in the grand scheme of things.

Lets have some fun potentially playing good recognized teams in Fargo besides always having to go on roadies 1 game a year.
    Might be easy to say for someone as devoted to your "boi" as you are, but some of us won't go down that road, no matter what it could lead to. Our program doesn't have to "sell it" to anyone to continue to be noteworthy. If you can't grasp that concept, there are always the Longhorns to pull for. Might want to consider that. I'm sure they would value your insight on their fan board as well.....
    Damn, I'm Good!

Hell I'd take a 3-1 to get a power 5 school to come to fargodome in 2020!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

BisonFan02 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Hell I'd take a 3-1 to get a power 5 school to come to fargodome in 2020!!
    Considering any of us would like to see a 3 or even 4-0 deal with local P5 schools....so what?