Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Ndsu v ewu 2016/2017

Default Re: Ndsu v ewu 2016/2017

After the trip to Cheney 4 years ago and the trip to Spokane this spring, I will most definitely be staying in Spokane for this game.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Really? What do they average for attendance at football games........5 or 6 thousand? EWU is essentially a commuter college. They get away with all the DIII stuff like allowing cowbells for games that are disallowed everywhere else in FCS. And that fugly red field. Ugh.
    We've been averaging about 9k the last couple seasons, which is over the official seating capacity of 8600. And not much is worse than UCA's purple and gray striped fields, or NDSU's yellow helmets.

Bison_Pride is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Cheney is sandwiched in between beautiful and expensive Gonzaga, and an hour south is Washington State University which has a 30k enrollment and is a member of the Pac10. It's hard to compete with those.

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The streets are alphabetical. I lasted about a minute thirty and I couldn't take it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBoy View Post
    The streets are alphabetical. I lasted about a minute thirty and I couldn't take it anymore.
    Just like real life Cheney

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsGrizFan View Post
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    After the trip to Cheney 4 years ago and the trip to Spokane this spring, I will most definitely be staying in Spokane for this game.
    I will be staying here

http://www.cdaresort.com/discover

I will be golfing here as well

http://www.cdaresort.com/discover/golf
    Rule #76: No excuses, play like a champion!

BlueKeyAlum is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison_Pride View Post
    Cheney is about 15 miles from Spokane. There is nightlife there.

25 years ago I toured the EWU campus while I was in the area. I remember the facilities being a downgrade from NDSU. Cheney definitely seemed like a sleepy bedroom community for Spokane, and EWU almost more of a commuter college. The buzz at the time was that the football team was so bad that they were thinking about shutting it down because it needed upgrades to the facilities and there was no support. They had a pep rally the night before to drum up support, and a star member of the football team said "who knows, one day maybe we could be playing against U Dub".

Seems like they have come a long way since those days.
    Cheney actually has two campuses if you count the Spokane center downtown jointly shared with WSU. There's a large population of EWU students at that location that never ever come out to Cheney for classes. And you're right Cheney doesn't have a lot of nightlife options. That's what Spokane is for. And having to travel to get to nightlife options keeps the drugs and riffraff out of the Cheney community. The biggest complaint is the occasional house party. When I worked there I definitely wouldn't consider the school a party school. Lots of the community including faculty staff and students were really involved in outdoor year 'round. When I was there mike Kramer started the football team on the road to postseason success but I remember the biggest sports accolades coming from Ray giacoletti (sp?) and the basketball team when they made the NCAA's 2002ish. Former Bison center Greg Smith was a senior on the team.
    "I’m not familiar precisely with what I said, but I’ll stand by what I said, whatever it was.” --- Mitt Romney

"That which doesn't kill you, hurts." -- me

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison_Pride View Post
    Cheney is sandwiched in between beautiful and expensive Gonzaga, and an hour south is Washington State University which has a 30k enrollment and is a member of the Pac10. It's hard to compete with those.
    And yet if they played WA st. this year I would pick EW to win. I respect FCS programs like EW and the Bison that can hang tough with and take down schools that have big advantages over them. Oh, and I would pick them to beat the Zags in football too