Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Ndsu nfl preseason games 2014

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Ndsu nfl preseason games 2014

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Humber didn't show in stats tonight, they said he was a lock for backup LB (basically their #4) maybe he was hurt or already had his spot secured?

Cornick/Turner I haven't heard about yet. (O Line is hard to track unless you are watching)
    During the last pre-season game starters and backups play either no downs or very few. The purpose is to get reps for the rookies and those on the fence. The fact that Marcus and Dahl played a lot likely means they are on the fence to make the team, although I am sure MWill will make the practice squad no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Humber didn't show in stats tonight, they said he was a lock for backup LB (basically their #4) maybe he was hurt or already had his spot secured?

Cornick/Turner I haven't heard about yet. (O Line is hard to track unless you are watching)
    Cornick had a good game, tough holding call in the second half, but played well. There is some debate as to weather they are keeping 8/9/10 OL in denver, and even at 9 or 10 Paul has an uphill battle. And I think this is Pauls last year of PS eligibility. With Shoefield, Montgomery, and Painter have locked into roster spots. There is some debate as to weather Ben Garland who the Broncos converted from DL to OL last year and is out of PS Eligibility is going to get a spot, but he is ahead of Paul for value at G which is where there could be issues. Fox has kept 10 before and if they keep 10 Cornick is definately in, I think he could be in with 9 with Clark being able to play either L or R tackle if Clady is injured.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    During the last pre-season game starters and backups play either no downs or very few. The purpose is to get reps for the rookies and those on the fence. The fact that Marcus and Dahl played a lot likely means they are on the fence to make the team, although I am sure MWill will make the practice squad no matter what.
    I highly doubt that Dahl is on the fence, simply for the fact that he was on almost every special team and has seen numerous snaps with the first team. He has looked good, and has experience in their system. That being said if Dahl is cut I'm willing to bet he's picked up by someone.

Dahl & Humber are important pieces for their teams, on every special team and very dam good at it!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Veldman cut too. Its on pft.
    I thought I saw him at Scheels last night.

Veldmans in mpls might jump in with us on way to ames. He said Sunday morning when all cuts are announced he's hoping for a phone call. (Same with shep)
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Cornick made the Broncos-they just cut to 53 so if there is someone on the waiver wire that they want more than him he may be gone, but who knows.

Dahl, Humber, Mays, and Turner also were not cut.

Practice squads should start to be announced late tomorrow or Monday.