Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2014 NDSU Media Day

Default Re: 2014 NDSU Media Day

No not really. Note not everyone on here gets a hardon over a college fb player. Wait... I did stop and let GO cross the street in-front of me once, but since I do that for everyone its not that big a deal. It may be refreshing, but from a leadership stand point in said circumstance its generally a no no. Stated with a full understanding of not knowing how the man acts during practice. At the same time, he was tentative in his welcome to SU media spot as well....I noted this back then as well. Just saying, it makes a guy go HMMMM BTW, i cut the guy all the slack in world....just an observation

Quote Originally Posted by TateMosersneighbor View Post
    Yeah, a new coach walking into the room with Travis Beck, Mr. Carlton Littlejohn and some guy out of Wayzata wouldn't be a little wide eyed. Cut him some slack, the honesty is refreshing. Who gives a shit that he admitted it on TV. Any of us walk into Taco Johns and Grant Olson is there, we're asking him to sign our beer gut.

So far I like what I see.

SafeTeeJ is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Let me 1st say, Entz is s stud recruiter and I think will be a good coach, but he has got to get more confidence. Did I hear that correctly...did he say, he was a bit intimidated when going into a meeting with the starting Lbackers. No no no coach, a leader never admits that. even if it true. Please someone tell me that I misunderstood him.
    Seniors and upperclassman will respect him more for letting them give input. When you become a senior you are given some of the reins that you never new we're available. You put your dues in you are expected to step up lead. Part of being in on scheming is part of it. So yes. ...you totally misunderstood
    "The bird is in your hand"

I am not sure I follow you....I agree with what you are saying, but that is not what it looked like he was doing. I believe he said something to the affect that it was intimidating to be in meetings with the likes of the returning LBackers (paraphrasing) How I took that was...These guys know the system so much better than I that I dont want to say to much as I might be seen as wrong. I will have to re-watch it and see if your slant is more accurate.

One thing i can say is he sure does not look comfortable in front of the press....not that its a bad thing!

Quote Originally Posted by SafeTeeJ View Post
    Seniors and upperclassman will respect him more for letting them give input. When you become a senior you are given some of the reins that you never new we're available. You put your dues in you are expected to step up lead. Part of being in on scheming is part of it. So yes. ...you totally misunderstood

OK went back and watched it...Someone said---- Some people can't pull off self deprecation and another said he was acknowledging the talent. Upon further review, I think they were right and that was what he was trying to do. With him obviously being uncomfortable in front of the camera it just came off on first glance as a confidence issue.

second time though the videos (without distractions) I am pumped. Very impressed!

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    OK went back and watched it...Someone said---- Some people can't pull off self deprecation and another said he was acknowledging the talent. Upon further review, I think they were right and that was what he was trying to do. With him obviously being uncomfortable in front of the camera it just came off on first glance as a confidence issue.
    I agree. I think he was trying to compliment the players and it kind of came across wrong. He'll learn from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I agree. I think he was trying to compliment the players and it kind of came across wrong. He'll learn from it.
    I listened to it again and it sounded more like a compliment to veteran players rather than he being in awe.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt