Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Verbal: Brock Robbins

Default Re: 2015 Verbal: Brock Robbins

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post
    When did Cavalier drop down to 9 man football? When the 4 class system was introduced in ND Cavalier was a AA 11 man team (and they were a damn good team at that much like they were when they were class B 11 man.... had some great rivalries with them back in the late 80's early 90's). Kinda surprised to see them not have enough kids for 11 man anymore. At any rate this kid seems like an absolute beast and I look forward to seeing him in green and yellow on Saturdays.
    I was surprised by that last year. That they were in 9 man (I think last year was first year they were). Looking at 2015-2016 plan it appears they're only going to have 58 males available grades 7-12. When Parshall was cooped with NS-P I think we were in that vicinity. So you would have to assume that they would only get 30-35 kids playing? Maybe more? I think we had about 25-30 the last year I played in Parshall. The weird thing is Hillsboro has gone from 9 man to AA in the matter of 2 cycles. They were 9 man in 2012, moved to A in 2013 and cracked into the bottom of AA for 2015. Going to have a few slaughters in Hillsboro I'm afraid. Heck some of the opposing teams may have more team members than fans on Hillsboro sidelines (purple!?). This was caused by cooping with Central Valley which they were expecting and was nearly the death of the coop plans. Doesn't sound like Hillsboro (have no idea on Central Valley can't imagine it would drop too much either) Enrollment is dropping any either because my sons K class has 43 kids in it, they had to split into 3 sections this year to keep the kids/teacher ratio under mandated levels.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    I was surprised by that last year. That they were in 9 man (I think last year was first year they were). Looking at 2015-2016 plan it appears they're only going to have 58 males available grades 7-12. When Parshall was cooped with NS-P I think we were in that vicinity. So you would have to assume that they would only get 30-35 kids playing? Maybe more? I think we had about 25-30 the last year I played in Parshall. The weird thing is Hillsboro has gone from 9 man to AA in the matter of 2 cycles. They were 9 man in 2012, moved to A in 2013 and cracked into the bottom of AA for 2015. Going to have a few slaughters in Hillsboro I'm afraid. Heck some of the opposing teams may have more team members than fans on Hillsboro sidelines (purple!?). This was caused by cooping with Central Valley which they were expecting and was nearly the death of the coop plans. Doesn't sound like Hillsboro (have no idea on Central Valley can't imagine it would drop too much either) Enrollment is dropping any either because my sons K class has 43 kids in it, they had to split into 3 sections this year to keep the kids/teacher ratio under mandated levels.
    I wonder if the schools on the I-29 corridor have bottomed out as far as enrollment, and will remain steady/increase? Northern Cass went over 600 kids K-12 for the 1st time this year.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    I wonder if the schools on the I-29 corridor have bottomed out as far as enrollment, and will remain steady/increase? Northern Cass went over 600 kids K-12 for the 1st time this year.
    Northern Cass serves a FM suburban area so it's a bit different situation. I'd imagine that schools in the FM area will continue to grow as long as the FM area does. No idea about schools outside that area.

Cavalier has been 9 man for at least 4 years as the team I coach has lost to them the last 4 years in the playoffs (including this year). Brock was a stud last year and has only gotten better this year on both offense & def. Also he is all of this listed size if not more, will work fine as a fullback since when he isn't getting the ball he is one heck of a lead blocker. To put things into perspective a little for our game which we lost 76-0, we dressed 12 healthy varsity kids (9-12) and Cavalier has 12 seniors on their team.

One of keys with Cavalier is that they seem to get most of their available male students to actually go out for the team. Not many other schools can do that.

It will be weird seeing Hillsboro going from 9-man to AA in a matter of a few years while MPCG will be going to 9-man next year.

Sent using both a Speak-n-Spell and an Etch-a-Sketch

Quote Originally Posted by bisonpride4ever View Post
    One of keys with Cavalier is that they seem to get most of their available male students to actually go out for the team. Not many other schools can do that.

It will be weird seeing Hillsboro going from 9-man to AA in a matter of a few years while MPCG will be going to 9-man next year.

Sent using both a Speak-n-Spell and an Etch-a-Sketch
    They also don't get bored with winning. Refreshing.

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonpride View Post
    Cavalier always played up to AA from A under Coach Oksendahl. After he retired they dropped down to A which is where their enrollment was and was always top 4 in that class. Last year they were reclassified to 9-man based on their enrollment despite outnumbering their opponents with about double the players in uniform and had a regular season score of like 550+ to 0. They did not allow a point in the regular season. Title game last year was 54-6. They won their first playoff game 76-0 last week. It was 70-0 at halftime. They actually beat AA Kindred the first game of this year 26-6. They have no business playing 9-man teams with twice as many players in uniform. Early in the season New Rockford beat a team 60 something to like 7. The next week Cavalier was up 42-0 after the first quarter on New Rockford.

Either way Robbins is a beast. From what I have heard they project him as a fullback. Bonnet type player without a doubt.
    Like another poster said this is their 4th year playing 9 man. IIRC in '11 they lost to Wyndmere-Lidgerwood (Jeff Illies was a junior on that team) in the quarters in '12 they lost to New Rockford in the semi's and obviously won it all last season.

Cavalier wins 54-0 over Hankinson in ND 9-man quarterfinals.

Good game by Brock Robbins and also the QB, Cavalier's Trent Karel being talked of in the Herald's article.
    Robbins gained the 138 yards on 9 carries, with one td. A 10th carry, mentioned in the article,
    was a 50 yd gain for Robbins before he lateraled it to lineman Bryton Kaercher, so
    Kaercher gets credit for a 70 yard (total - 50 + 20) TD.

Robbins gained 138 yards, pushing him over 1,700 for the season. Karel, meanwhile, picked up 111 yards on the ground, giving him 616 on the year. He scored two touchdowns and passed for 43 yards and a pair of scores.
    http://www.grandforksherald.com/cont...hes-semifinals

Cavalier tries to win ND 9-man title for a 2nd straight year today (Friday).
    In addition to Brock Robbins (RB/LB), the team includes Jeff Stith,
    who also has a listing on bisonation.info (2015 interest) (DE)

Jeff Stith (with link to youtubevideo) - http://bisonation.info/2015-recruiti...te-iowa-nd-sd/

Brock Robbins is 61 shy of 2,000 rushing yards this season. While rushing yardage is a running back’s best friend, the Cavalier senior finds almost as much satisfaction in helping spring open a teammate as he does in getting the football himself.

Robbins, an all-state running back as a junior, has been a key blocker in helping Tornadoes quarterback Trent Karel
    break loose for some big runs in Cavalier’s run to the Dakota Bowl.

“This is probably the best blocking group I’ve had" (Cavalier Head Coach Laxdal)

Regardless of who carries the ball, the blocking starts up front with the line of guards Bryton Kaercher and
    Jeff Stith (who was an all-state offensive lineman last season), center Tanner Johnson and tight ends Blake Kaercher and Cody Walton.
    http://www.grandforksherald.com/cont...ball-champions

Robbins looks like a high schooler playing pee wee football.