Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Patty Viverito FBS Comments

Default Re: Patty Viverito FBS Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    The MVFC has had a game of the week (their TV Package) in past years. It's been on FSN Midwest (usually carried on FSN North) and ESPN 3. How is that an improvement? You really don't know what you are talking about. At best, nationwide TV would be ESPN3, and we are already there and we have a good production with our local NBC Team. I don't see the benefit, we are already on a nationwide media, the same as we would be with a TV package.

A TV package may help the Indiana States and Southern ILs, but I don't see it having any real benefit NDSU. We don't make money off of it, we spend to have it.
    The Big Sky and CAA are destroying us when it comes to media. Just taking us out to the woodshed and beating us to a pulp. Their production quality makes NBC ND look third rate and they are on networks that reach millions of people. They are on relevant networks that people actually watch.

Right now the MVFC's TV deal is ESPN3 only and the production quality is even worse than NBC ND. It is beyond a joke.

A big part of having an athletics department is to gain exposure for your school. A real media package for our conference would help deliver that, right now we are lacking in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    The Big Sky and CAA are destroying us when it comes to media. Just taking us out to the woodshed and beating us to a pulp. Their production quality makes NBC ND look third rate and they are on networks that reach millions of people. They are on relevant networks that people actually watch.

Right now the MVFC's TV deal is ESPN3 only and the production quality is even worse than NBC ND. It is beyond a joke.

A big part of having an athletics department is to gain exposure for your school. A real media package for our conference would help deliver that, right now we are lacking in that area.
    I tend to agree with a conference TV deal not being a big deal from the exposure standpoint. There are so many college football games on TV on Saturday, that unless it is a chance to watch your MVFC team of choice on the road most fans of MVFC teams will likely not be tuning in. I would like to see a quality hour long weekly highlight / coaches show featuring all teams in the MVFC on a middle of the week night. Don't you just love the 2 minute drill on the MVFC website.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    NDSU has every game on Television, so I fail to understand how a MVFC TV package benefits NDSU. It just provides more TV for the rest of the conference teams, and lifts them up, correct? UND's conference has a TV package, yet they are barely included . . . so please explain how a TV package for a conference is such a wonderful thing? For the B1G a TV package is huge. For the MVFC or Big Sky, it is pretty meaningless as NDSU is already television all games, and the package does not delivery significant dollars to NDSU.

It certainly doesn't warrant non-stop whining and knashing of teeth, does it?
    My mistake, I didn't realize she worked for NDSU. I thought she was the MVFC commissioner.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

My point was does she really think she's in such a good position to be critizing everyone else at her yearly opinion session? What has she done that is so great? She didn't think NDSU should move to DI.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Actually I don't think her comments are much different then what most people think. Many of the G5 schools may very well have some hard decisions to make in about 10 years if not sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by goyotes View Post
    I tend to agree with a conference TV deal not being a big deal from the exposure standpoint. There are so many college football games on TV on Saturday, that unless it is a chance to watch your MVFC team of choice on the road most fans of MVFC teams will likely not be tuning in. I would like to see a quality hour long weekly highlight / coaches show featuring all teams in the MVFC on a middle of the week night. Don't you just love the 2 minute drill on the MVFC website.
    Well I watch the Big Sky and CAA games all the time. I think alumni of those schools enjoy watching their teams play. I don't get why it isn't a big deal, the Southland was all jacked up because it worked out a deal with Altitude Sports and that network is nothing compared to Root Sports(Direct TV) and NBC Sports Network.

I am amazed at how people just excuse how pathetic the MVFC is when it comes to media. It is completely third rate on all fronts. Just a complete and total joke, the conference would be better off being run by the Summit because the MVC doesn't give one single damn about football. It is sad really.

Well I watch the Big Sky and CAA games all the time. I think alumni of those schools enjoy watching their teams play. I don't get why it isn't a big deal, the Southland was all jacked up because it worked out a deal with Altitude Sports and that network is nothing compared to Root Sports(Direct TV) and NBC Sports Network.

I am amazed at how people just excuse how pathetic the MVFC is when it comes to media. It is completely third rate on all fronts. Just a complete and total joke, the conference would be better off being run by the Summit because the MVC doesn't give one single damn about football. It is sad really.

True all this...
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

JSUBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I get the feeling that Patty wishes the MVFC was more like the Pioneer so that she'd have even less pressure/expectations in her job. For example, I don't agree with all of Fullerton's takes, but that guy is out their hustling as best he knows how to sell the Big Sky. The thing is, I don't think Patty is uninformed about college football at all, she's just one lazy slug.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by JSUBison View Post
    I get the feeling that Patty wishes the MVFC was more like the Pioneer so that she'd have even less pressure/expectations in her job. For example, I don't agree with all of Fullerton's takes, but that guy is out their hustling as best he knows how to sell the Big Sky. The thing is, I don't think Patty is uninformed about college football at all, she's just one lazy slug.
    So you want what?

Game of the week on a featured network available nationally (like we had w/ FSN Midwest)?
    Each conf game available through a free MVFC website?
    High quality HD production for gotw and online service?
    Midweek recap and preview show featuring MVFC teams weekly with both web and network availsbility?
    Payouts to each MVFC Team from network in the range of 28 million annually?
    You really dont want to specify, you would prefer to beotch?

Patty will be on with izzo this am
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant