Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I guarantee the 2014-2015 NDSU Bison will win an unprecedented 4th straight natty

Default Re: I guarantee the 2014-2015 NDSU Bison will win an unprecedented 4th straight natty

It's a winning thing. ISU/UNI fans wouldn't understand. :-D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Default Re: I guarantee the 2014-2015 NDSU Bison will win an unprecedented 4th straight natty

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    Would somebody mind filling us in on the significance of this shirt? Seems pretty cool, but I just don't understand why it is such a big deal for you guys.
    Inside joke; very tongue in cheek. Longhorn has a different sense of humor. It's funny, but it takes awhile to figure out when he's joking and when he's serious. I think the wolf t-shirts started when the board was fighting over wearing yellow. The athletic department wanted everyone to wear the same color in the dome, and yellow stands out far better on camera(the dome was/is rather dark). A number of fans(cougholdtimerscough) were adamant that they were going to continue to wear green no matter what. I think Longhorn poked fun at them by saying there was no way he was going to give up his lucky wolf t-shirts.* Well, after the first NC, Longhorn had to find a 2 wolf shirt for a back to back championship run. Then a 3 wolf shirt. Now a 4 wolf shirt is a bit tough to find, so apparently he's gone for a different look. I can't say for certain if he picked one that was red/yellow deliberately, but I wouldn't put it past him to throw a touch of mocking toward the BV fanbase even while doing his annual wolf shirt post.

Another one with a different sense of humor is NDB2. He will pop in from time to time and say the most outrageous/insulting things, but he'll say it in such a way that it almost seems serious. Actually, he normally is serious in his own way. Even the insulting stuff is normally an attempt to point out people's blind spots.

Just so you know, Longhorn always picks the games 52-10 against the Bison.

*The wolf shirt meme existed before BV. I could be wrong about how the BV wolf shirt meme got started; it's been too long.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Not meaning to toss cold water on the Phoenix wolf party but proof that 4-wolves does exist...image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Not meaning to toss cold water on the Phoenix wolf party but proof that 4-wolves does exist...image.jpg
    That's a great looking shirt and I think it would be better for continuity........Longhorn?

Thank you for your sacrifice, MN! I know you've put in countless hours to find this shirt. You are a leader among men.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    That's a great looking shirt and I think it would be better for continuity........Longhorn?
    We've been through this before. He does not choose the shirt, the shirt chooses him.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    We've been through this before. He does not choose the shirt, the shirt chooses him.
    Then he is The One...ill stay out of this

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Normally yes, but with a new HC and a whole lot of new starters it's the start of a new era while still maintaining the tradition that got us to this point.

Also, why would anyone ever question Longhorn on this. If there is one thing he knows, it's wolf shirts.

I'd like to nominate this thread as HOF worthy

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post
    Normally yes, but with a new HC and a whole lot of new starters it's the start of a new era while still maintaining the tradition that got us to this point.

Also, why would anyone ever question Longhorn on this. If there is one thing he knows, it's wolf shirts.
    Wolf shirts might just be the only thing MNLonghorn knows. Well, that and how to find just the right animated gif to express his inner feelings. Oh, and FBS. Yes, definitely FBS. But anyway back to my point. I agree with tjamz.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.