Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: Tickets

EagleBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Yes, they’re short a bunch of police. That’s what happens after they fuck up so badly the department gets investigated by the justice department. Crime and violent crime is decreasing despite this. They are not releasing violent offenders the next day they are prosecuting violent crimes. That memo seems like solid advice to everyone everywhere all the time.

If the news media doesn’t report it how do you know it’s happening? Are you down there counting yourself? Are you stalking the halls of the County Court House? How do you know?

“Be aware of layout surroundings” more good advice that is applicable to everyone everywhere all the time.
    I have a good friend on the force for 30+ years of knowing him the same amount of time. I trust him more than the news media. The media reports the crimes that are the biggest news makers. My daughter had her car jacked in a bank parking lot, crickets. He also said they are releasing most of the bad guys the next day, of course it's not 100 percent, but it's ridiculously more than it should be.
    Collector of Bison Homecoming pins - Buy or Trade

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I put a link in post #444 in this thread regarding this. It does not rely on media reports but rather others known as “victims”. Does it support your feelings? It’s just hard data.
    My daughter getting her car jacked in a bank parking lot is one reason, talking to friends in the police force is another.

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Fargo. The least safest place in North Dakota eh.
    Idk, out-state I94 in a blizzard can be pretty dang nasty ...

But there is no denying downtown Mpls and broader MSP to an extent have digressed in some ways in the last few years
    Carjackings and catalytic converters come to mind
    Hopefully they can improve enforcement on that front
    In the meantime, don't be stupid when you're down there

Edit: sorry "stupid" is the wrong word ... be extra vigilant
    Last edited by WhoRepsTheLurker; 02-02-2023 at 03:12 PM.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EagleBison View Post
    I have a good friend on the force for 30+ years of knowing him the same amount of time. I trust him more than the news media. The media reports the crimes that are the biggest news makers. My daughter had her car jacked in a bank parking lot, crickets. He also said they are releasing most of the bad guys the next day, of course it's not 100 percent, but it's ridiculously more than it should be.
    A lot of big city crime gets buried, or under reported. I've heard thru friends of cops of cases where gang hit jobs were recorded as "accidents" even though the police knew better.

Here's the official stats on Minneapolis, it's not great.
    1 out of 22 property crime, 1 out of 75 will be victim of violent crime.

https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/mn/minneapolis/crime

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    A lot of big city crime gets buried, or under reported. I've heard thru friends of cops of cases where gang hit jobs were recorded as "accidents" even though the police knew better.

Here's the official stats on Minneapolis, it's not great.
    1 out of 22 property crime, 1 out of 75 will be victim of violent crime.

https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/mn/minneapolis/crime
    Well that data would be for people who actually live in Minneapolis. OTOH I've heard from a friend who knows a person whose uncle is married to a woman whose third cousin worked at a SuperAmerica in south Minneapolis. That cousin said that your chances of being collateral damage of a gang hit while attending a one off event in downtown Minneapolis is roughly equivalent to winning the Powerball, if you play. Or, maybe it was the Minnesota Lottery.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleBison View Post
    My daughter getting her car jacked in a bank parking lot is one reason, talking to friends in the police force is another.
    Sorry to hear your daughter was a victim but in the 33 years I have lived in the metro I have been downtown a LOT and mostly after dark except the four years I worked down there every weekday. Never a single issue downtown other than encountering a panhandler perhaps. We have had our car broken into and our mail stolen out of the mailbox while living in Minnetonka though. So for my n of 1, downtown safer than Minnetonka.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Moved to western suburbs in 1989 and lived here ever since. Been in and out of downtown all the time. Worked downtown for years. I have never felt unsafe here. Never.
    You serious Clark? We moved out of there a couple years ago, the crime is out of control and has only gotten worse, taxes and the massive leftist lurch in state politics were contributing factors but the crime (both property and violent), even out into the formerly protected western outside 494 suburbs, was the main factor. Even before that we stopped going downtown at all after we had our back window popped twice by bangers looking for valuables and then we stopped going to uptown too as it steadily got worse. All of the businesses are fleeing but somehow you think it's better than ever, yeah makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by MyOhMy View Post
    You serious Clark? We moved out of there a couple years ago, the crime is out of control and has only gotten worse, taxes and the massive leftist lurch in state politics were contributing factors but the crime (both property and violent), even out into the formerly protected western outside 494 suburbs, was the main factor. Even before that we stopped going downtown at all after we had our back window popped twice by bangers looking for valuables and then we stopped going to uptown too as it steadily got worse. All of the businesses are fleeing but somehow you think it's better than ever, yeah makes sense.
    Fortunately your perceptions do not dictate reality.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Sorry to hear your daughter was a victim but in the 33 years I have lived in the metro I have been downtown a LOT and mostly after dark except the four years I worked down there every weekday. Never a single issue downtown other than encountering a panhandler perhaps. We have had our car broken into and our mail stolen out of the mailbox while living in Minnetonka though. So for my n of 1, downtown safer than Minnetonka.
    Haven't had any issues myself, working downtown, driving, dining, going to sports events, since 1990. I have walked thru groups of homeless in the skyway early in the mornings, they left me alone. I remember leaving T-Wolves games and walking by the drug dealers, they left you alone too. It's just different now.

Quote Originally Posted by MyOhMy View Post
    I hear you, my other daughter moved out of Uptown. Favorite seafood place, Stella's recently closed. Williams Uptown Pub, Peanut Bar, Sheridan Room and Wild Greg’s also closed. Times have changed.