Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Verbal: Robbie Grimsley safety

Default Re: 2015 Verbal: Robbie Grimsley safety

Quote Originally Posted by TXBison View Post
    Agree with this, offers are reported by kids and some kids are chasing offers while others are comfortable with the commitments they have made. It is possible that either they are not returning coaches calls or are not reporting additional offers, not to diminish kids getting multiple offers or FBS offers especially if they are from power 5 conferences but as stated above treat it like you do reported 40 times.
    I don't even fault the kids-it's their moment to shine and for many just getting a recruiting letter from a big name school is a cool day.

TX-you said you coach at a MN school? Where at?

Quote Originally Posted by TXBison View Post

The kids that are top 20 type kids in the state all talk about this and it creates bad blood with the U of MN. Kill was at the Minnetonka Eden Prairie game Friday night and did reach out prior to the game and post game to say he is watching blah blah. I assume he thinks he can slip in late and take these kids if he doesn't get his top choices.
    Maybe you teach or just have kids there-but either way-it sounds like you think MN will swing and miss on "mid-tier" locals this year or in the future? Is that correct? And that we can start to collect those kids?

I do not coach, just a fan with some connections with kids who are and have been recruited. It is just my opinion but the vibe around the kids is that Gophers prefer to go out of state and think they can pull in state kids if they miss on early targets. I think that will work in some instances and not in others. These kids get much more love from other Big 10 schools than they do from the U of MN. I will tell you of the regional FCS school it is not even close in how NDSU recruits these kids vs all others.

I wouldn't be surprised to see 1-3 NDSU verbals get offered before it over, so it will be interesting to see what happens if it does. One I know would love to get the offer so they could turn it down.

Grimsley another 3 Tds tonight. 13-101 3tds

He's tied for state lead with 23 through 7 games and 2nd rusher with 1240 yards.

Gophers twitters are buzzing about how they can't get grimsley off his NDSU commitment. (PWO I'm assuming)
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Grimsley with 3 touchdowns already, 59 yard td run on 3rd play of the game and then a 53 harder in 2nd and another in 3rd. Plus a 45 yard punt return.

Dude is a STAR

Grimsley only played 1 half 6 carries 104 yards 2 TDS they won 70-0

Hutch wins 49-14 off to state!

Grimsley 3 tds before half (42-0 then). He hasn't had to play A full game for 4-5 weeks now
    Last edited by El_Chapo; 11-01-2014 at 03:18 AM.

Startribune article about Hutch today:

The Tigers are 10-0 and the winning streak is 36 heading into Friday’s rematch with Holy Angels. If there’s trouble ahead in the quest for three Class 4A titles in a row, it’s that Hutch hasn’t had a close game to deal with.

Example: Robbie Grimsley, the outstanding tailback, has 30 touchdowns, all in the first half. He hasn’t played much in second halves.

Grimsley’s family moved here from California when he was in grade school. They started in Glencoe, wanted a little bigger town and moved to Hutch. It didn’t take long for the youngster to fit in.

“Everyone here was into football,’’ Grimsley said. “As kids, we would go to the football games to play our own football games … behind the stands, behind the end zones.’’

once again, startribune fails to mention he is going to NDSU (I swear the tribune has a standing policy NOT to mention ndsu)

Hutch and Grimsley Play Friday night in state playoffs

State playoffs.

Grimsley 14 yard TD 1st half.

El_Chapo, thanks for the info! Keep the updates coming!
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt