Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Verbal: Robbie Grimsley safety

Default Re: 2015 Verbal: Robbie Grimsley safety

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    I enjoyed seeing us getting droves of early verbals. Thing is, some of them are having amazing senior seasons and I will be pretty surprised if FBS offers don't come in and we lose a few. We have had guys in recent seasons choose us over FBS offers and I just hope that continues.
    Just a reminder, Stick really did get a late Rutgers offer, correct? That was a darn solid "win" for NDSU. Say what you want, but Rutgers if B1G no matter how you slice it.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Just a reminder, Stick really did get a late Rutgers offer, correct? That was a darn solid "win" for NDSU. Say what you want, but Rutgers if B1G no matter how you slice it.
    Yes, he is one of the guys I was thinking of. It would be cool to see more guys pick the Bison over FBS schools and I think we will see this more and more....hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Yes, he is one of the guys I was thinking of. It would be cool to see more guys pick the Bison over FBS schools and I think we will see this more and more....hopefully
    Well, seems to me they are having good luck versus the MAC, but I cannot recall another player that has picked NDSU over a P5 conference team. (I am sure Sams can tell if there have been others.) I guess I expect NDSU to be able to out sell a MAC school since the conference is a joke.

Well, seems to me they are having good luck versus the MAC, but I cannot recall another player that has picked NDSU over a P5 conference team. (I am sure Sams can tell if there have been others.) I guess I expect NDSU to be able to out sell a MAC school since the conference is a joke.
    Juckem may have had a Boston College offer if I remember

this can peeled off to a new thread "recruits choosing NDSU over FBS"

So far in this class, Grimsley & Bridges are blowing up, but they are both only 6 foot tall (if they were 6 3, 6 4 , 6 5 they would be gone already)
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    this can peeled off to a new thread "recruits choosing NDSU over FBS"

So far in this class, Grimsley & Bridges are blowing up, but they are both only 6 foot tall (if they were 6 3, 6 4 , 6 5 they would be gone already)
    Always a little scared when I agree with you, but that would make for a good thread.

You just never know about those offers and probably never will since a lot of this is reported by the kids themselves and having exciting offers builds their personal narrative. I lived in SW MPLS last year and MN "beat out" Florida for a neighborhood kid from there. Sure he had a FL offer (and some other elite helmet school type offers) but with some serious asterisks to the point that it wasn't really an offer in the way the narrative tells it. So it's fun to look at that stuff (he could have been a Gator!), but a lot of it is unofficial fairy tales like 40 times and bench presses and all that.

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I believe Jacobsen had an offer from Pitt as well as a MAC school... I think. Too bad he left last spring.

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Marcus Collins had a Pitt offer also.

Quote Originally Posted by mnriverbison View Post
    You just never know about those offers and probably never will since a lot of this is reported by the kids themselves and having exciting offers builds their personal narrative. I lived in SW MPLS last year and MN "beat out" Florida for a neighborhood kid from there. Sure he had a FL offer (and some other elite helmet school type offers) but with some serious asterisks to the point that it wasn't really an offer in the way the narrative tells it. So it's fun to look at that stuff (he could have been a Gator!), but a lot of it is unofficial fairy tales like 40 times and bench presses and all that.
    Agree with this, offers are reported by kids and some kids are chasing offers while others are comfortable with the commitments they have made. It is possible that either they are not returning coaches calls or are not reporting additional offers, not to diminish kids getting multiple offers or FBS offers especially if they are from power 5 conferences but as stated above treat it like you do reported 40 times.