Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Verbal: Robbie Grimsley safety

Default Re: 2015 Verbal: Robbie Grimsley safety

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    At this pace they will be done by August 15th
    The coaching staff is anticipating another deep playoff run and want to get ahead of the recruiting game. /kinda purple
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    The coaching staff is anticipating another deep playoff run and want to get ahead of the recruiting game. /kinda purple
    Not only the team is setting goals to prove everyone wrong but the coaches too.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

So why no Gopher offer? Kill miss on this one?

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Reason is Grimsley is not good enough for the mighty goophers. I am starting to believe most FBS teams are full of inflated egos that can be beaten by the likes of NDSU..........with players that strive to put it all on the field versus players who sell out to the big time image and a bunch of smack talk.
    Last edited by SDbison; 07-31-2014 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Reason is Grimsley is not good enough for the mighty goophers. I am starting to believe most FBS teams full of inflated egos can be beaten by the likes of NDSU..........with players that strive to put it all on the field versus players who sell out to the big time image and a bunch of smack talk.
    You forgot #buttfbs
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I'm not a rivals/scout star whore, but are you seriously asking why FBS programs don't offer every HS star in their state? They can only offer so many kids. I'm willing to bet a few MN kids get passed by the Bison and prove the experts wrong too. It happens all the time.

when you can only offer full scholarships and no partials you have to be more selective. Makes it harder for FBS to take a chance on potential. I am sure a lot of guys we go after are also on the B1G school's boards....Just no the top. The question I have or wonder is what really is the degree of separation of UM's top board recruits verses their 3 deep recruits? My guess is not much, but as you noted egos

Quote Originally Posted by mnriverbison View Post
    I'm not a rivals/scout star whore, but are you seriously asking why FBS programs don't offer every HS star in their state? They can only offer so many kids. I'm willing to bet a few MN kids get passed by the Bison and prove the experts wrong too. It happens all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Herdbot I was kinda joking but Minn class 4A trumps ND 3A all day long. But let's not have this convo here. I'll pm ya

Ummm Hutchinson is about the size of Jamestown.... So what I'm gathering is Minnesota 4A is similar size to our 3A? Can't imagine the quality of football being any different.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

Quote Originally Posted by mnriverbison View Post
    With the talent that is in MN, I believe in order to rebuild that Gopher program is that YES!!! I am not saying give the top 15 all offers, but hell they can easily offer the top 5-6 guys every year. I believe that is a huge problem with the Gophers. Are they going to pull a top 5 guy from each of the surrounding states when they include the likes of Wisconsin, Iowa, Missouri, Ohio State, Michigan and Michigan State going after those top guys as well? They are getting out recruited in their own state by NDSU. Get core value guys from your state and a few from neighboring states and maybe, just maybe the Gophers could target a few outside the region and try and pluck them to come there. But they MUST own their own state. I don't mind at all the NDSU does better there then them, don't get me wrong, I love that the Gophers are reaching for the stars so to speak for the 4 and 5 star only guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakid3kc View Post
    With the talent that is in MN, I believe in order to rebuild that Gopher program is that YES!!! I am not saying give the top 15 all offers, but hell they can easily offer the top 5-6 guys every year. I believe that is a huge problem with the Gophers. Are they going to pull a top 5 guy from each of the surrounding states when they include the likes of Wisconsin, Iowa, Missouri, Ohio State, Michigan and Michigan State going after those top guys as well? They are getting out recruited in their own state by NDSU. Get core value guys from your state and a few from neighboring states and maybe, just maybe the Gophers could target a few outside the region and try and pluck them to come there. But they MUST own their own state. I don't mind at all the NDSU does better there then them, don't get me wrong, I love that the Gophers are reaching for the stars so to speak for the 4 and 5 star only guys.
    I agree that basically any school needs to dominate recruiting at home before going elsewhere. My dad told me one time and it stuck with me regarding ndsu is... If you can't get the best from your own state to come then why would anyone else come? Obviously Minnesota didn't think this guy was right for them and that's fine. I really would like to see the gophs do well though.

Only schools I can think of that succeed with kids outside the immediate proximity are Notre Dame (hit or miss) and Oregon.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo