Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Verbal: Robbie Grimsley safety

Default Re: 2015 Verbal: Robbie Grimsley safety

Quote Originally Posted by mnriverbison View Post
    I'm not a rivals/scout star whore, but are you seriously asking why FBS programs don't offer every HS star in their state? They can only offer so many kids. I'm willing to bet a few MN kids get passed by the Bison and prove the experts wrong too. It happens all the time.
    Yep. Same reason we don't offer every North Dakota kid or SDSU doesn't offer every SD kid or Nebraska doesn't offer every Nebraska kid.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Remember this is a verbal and kill could still offer

I still gotta think the Goffs just dont have him at the top of their board and I don't think you offer the bottom of the board yet. Maybe the reached out too him and said we have interest stand by....maybe not. Perhaps they will get the guys they want or perhaps they miss on the those they have slated above him and then as commit dates comes closer they call on him. Who knows. I do know this we wanted him, we offered him he verbaled.... half way home!

Get the script out, Grimsley needs some votes

http://athlete.aspirebeverages.com/n...rer_id=1365143

He getting crushed by a couple hot chicks..... wait..

BACK TO GRIMSLEY FOOTBALL STATS:

Grimsley compiled 175 yards and three touchdowns on 17 carries

http://www.crowrivermedia.com/hutchi...75d1a56a6.html
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Gophers have an interesting approach to recruiting in state, if you are a no-brainer like Jashon Cornell they will offer early otherwise they go outside of the state 1st and seem to really focus on measurables more than other schools do. We have had a dozen FBS schools come by our HS to talk to a couple of our kids including Wisconsin, Iowa etc and no one from the gophers has showed up.

The kids that are top 20 type kids in the state all talk about this and it creates bad blood with the U of MN. Kill was at the Minnetonka Eden Prairie game Friday night and did reach out prior to the game and post game to say he is watching blah blah. I assume he thinks he can slip in late and take these kids if he doesn't get his top choices.

Grimsley & Bridges are just straight up blowing up. They will honor NDSU though, im pretty confident of that.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by TXBison View Post
    Gophers have an interesting approach to recruiting in state, if you are a no-brainer like Jashon Cornell they will offer early otherwise they go outside of the state 1st and seem to really focus on measurables more than other schools do. We have had a dozen FBS schools come by our HS to talk to a couple of our kids including Wisconsin, Iowa etc and no one from the gophers has showed up.

The kids that are top 20 type kids in the state all talk about this and it creates bad blood with the U of MN. Kill was at the Minnetonka Eden Prairie game Friday night and did reach out prior to the game and post game to say he is watching blah blah. I assume he thinks he can slip in late and take these kids if he doesn't get his top choices.
    Sounds good to this Bison fan. While the UofM will focus on the measurables, NDSU can look at potential and get great prospects.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

NDSU has a lot to offer and I agree it is not a given that if the gophers come in late that they will pull these kids, my guess is they could switch some and not others, but who knows.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I enjoyed seeing us getting droves of early verbals. Thing is, some of them are having amazing senior seasons and I will be pretty surprised if FBS offers don't come in and we lose a few. We have had guys in recent seasons choose us over FBS offers and I just hope that continues.