Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Verbal, D-line Bryan Carlton

Default Re: 2015 Verbal, D-line Bryan Carlton

It's probably just a numbers game if he has left the team. Darnell and Hubbs are also rFr and Steidl and Williams are Sophomores. Even Tanguay and Morgan are only Juniors. Might be a better situation for both sides if Carlton finds a place where he can see the field more and NDSU uses his scholarship on a spot they need to develop more depth at.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    If this is true, another bummer...thought he was going to be a good one. Only a redshirt freshman not?
    Thats how recruiting goes. He was a big signing at the time and was close to getting a Gophers offer... Then Darnell and walk on Caleb Butler and Aaron Steidl ends up cracking the 2 deep. Recruiting is a weird deal

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I was incredibly excited about Bryan during recruiting. I write down my own personal recruiting notes for each player that has viewable film (HUDL) for the past few years and I have my own rating system for their potential. Just for personal use and to look back after a couple years to see how my ratings are panning out. Nerd alert.

Anyway, I had Bryan as All Conference potential. Essentially I have a 5 rank system (Bison Hall of Fame, All conference, Starter, Rotational/Depth, and No Film/Bench). I have NO experience with recruiting or film analysis. Just love football so take this all with an entire shaker of salt. Plus watching recruit videos gets me through the offseason!

Sad to see him go and I will just assume that my evaluation wasn't far off but everyone else on the DL just stepped up their game to pass him up!

Go Bison and good luck to Bryan.
    Rixen

Jdubs21 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Looks like he is done with football all together. Hope everything works out for the kid. Had alot of high expectations for him. https://twitter.com/BCarlton6/status/853347211278680065

Quote Originally Posted by Jdubs21 View Post
    Looks like he is done with football all together. Hope everything works out for the kid. Had alot of high expectations for him. https://twitter.com/BCarlton6/status/853347211278680065
    Interesting tweet. Kind of sums up the life of a D1 player. Those that stay will be champions. Not for the faint of heart. Best of luck to the young man. More respect for the guys that stay for the duration everyday. Not quite what most people think.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Where was he and who is he talking about?

I believe he's still at NDSU, just not on the team. That's why I thought his comments were so interesting. Not much coaching turnover at NDSU, compared to most programs. That being said, puts a few words to the difficulty of staying put at D1 level. Not all roses and unicorns like many people envision

Quote Originally Posted by Jdubs21 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Did he transfer or is this in general? Some of what he said is opinion and subjective but 75% of his and the prior seasons players are still on the roster. (and that includes walk one) Almost every coach is still on the team as well. And as far as academics go... It's a huge priority and the proof is in the team academics are killing it.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Did he transfer or is this in general? Some of what he said is opinion and subjective but 75% of his and the prior seasons players are still on the roster. (and that includes walk one) Almost every coach is still on the team as well. And as far as academics go... It's a huge priority and the proof is in the "tutors" are killing it.
    Fixed your post. Not true in all cases but still true.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    Fixed your post. Not true in all cases but still true.
    There's a commitment by the players that has to exist for academics and D1 sports to co-exist. Go home to ss.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.