Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Verbal Ty Brooks

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU Verbal Ty Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by Bison_Pride View Post
    The Gophers have a commit from a 3 star RB physical freak from Canada.
    https://twitter.com/JFemiCole He's listed at 220lbs.
    If Johannesson thinks they will try to switch him to LB right away, it could sway him to play with his bro Brooks. Maybe it comes down to Nebraska, but you gotta think they have some multi-star commits too.
    Hopefully Brooks has some pull.
    I would love seeing JJ in green and gold

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    I would love seeing JJ in green and gold
    Yellow?!!!
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBisonRock View Post
    Yellow?!!!
    I'm not sure on brooks , getting a lot of commits early , I hope were not selling ourselves short

Quote Originally Posted by goalpost View Post
    I'm not sure on brooks , getting a lot of commits early , I hope were not selling ourselves short
    That's what some people thought for 2010's class and look how that turned out.....
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison_Pride View Post
    The Gophers have a commit from a 3 star RB physical freak from Canada.
    https://twitter.com/JFemiCole He's listed at 220lbs.
    If Johannesson thinks they will try to switch him to LB right away, it could sway him to play with his bro Brooks. Maybe it comes down to Nebraska, but you gotta think they have some multi-star commits too.
    Hopefully Brooks has some pull.
    Any AQBCS school who recruits you will have other 3 stars at your position. I hope we get him, but I hope it is for family/school fit reasons and not fear to compete with 3 star athletes. Bison football players are, at this point, expected to beat or compete with 3 star recruits on the field in their house. I want guys who are chomping at the bit to compete with 3 star recruits to prove that they belong. That has been the formula in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    That's what some people thought for 2010's class and look how that turned out.....

good point !

I was told stars are pretty much BS and are based more on geography then real talent anyway. so....

Quote Originally Posted by mnriverbison View Post
    Any AQBCS school who recruits you will have other 3 stars at your position. I hope we get him, but I hope it is for family/school fit reasons and not fear to compete with 3 star athletes. Bison football players are, at this point, expected to beat or compete with 3 star recruits on the field in their house. I want guys who are chomping at the bit to compete with 3 star recruits to prove that they belong. That has been the formula in the past.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    I was told stars are pretty much BS and are based more on geography then real talent anyway. so....
    I think they are overrated but not worthless. The teams that get most of the 4&5 star guys (Bama, FSU, USC etc.) are typically the best teams. The ratings indicate who is really ready to play right now. Thing is, they are not static. A guy coming into a program with zero or one star can leave basically as a 4 star guy with NFL teams interested and BCS teams wishing that they had him. Player development and coaching are worth much more than star ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    I think they are overrated but not worthless. The teams that get most of the 4&5 star guys (Bama, FSU, USC etc.) are typically the best teams. The ratings indicate who is really ready to play right now. Thing is, they are not static. A guy coming into a program with zero or one star can leave basically as a 4 star guy with NFL teams interested and BCS teams wishing that they had him. Player development and coaching are worth much more than star ratings.
    Yep. We develop 4 star athletes.
    Guyd like Brock Jensen had zero D1 offers and zero stars. Joe Mays had zero offers.
    We take skinny tall kids and groom them into studs. Joe Haeg was a 6-5 260 and now he's 6-6, 300. Veldman was 220 and he was 260 as a senior and played in the nfl. Jirik was 6-4, 215 and finished his career at 6-5, 250. Vraa shaved two tenths of a second off his 40 time. Plankers, Lechler, the list goes on and on

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Ty had a huge game tonight, scored a few highlight reel touchdowns. Guy has some wheels, can't wait to see him in green and gold.