Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Verbal: Braden Sikes

Default Re: 2015 Verbal: Braden Sikes

I am guessing NDSU is in good shape, not sure he even wants to play QB in college.

Players get offered all the time after they have committed. Why? Because they are kids. They can change there minds. Not until the NLI is signed, sealed and delivered and shows up on campus should any team think a kid is sewed up.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Players get offered all the time after they have committed. Why? Because they are kids. They can change there minds. Not until the NLI is signed, sealed and delivered and shows up on campus should any team think a kid is sewed up.
    Which is why I don't watch much highlights until NLI time because it just leads to severe letdown when they back out. After they sign I will OD on their highlight vids

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Which is why I don't watch much highlights until NLI time because it just leads to severe letdown when they back out. After they sign I will OD on their highlight vids
    I never watch high lights. Or get let down. There are to many variables when I kid is in high school. I take notice after he shows up on campus and I listen to how they are progressing.

I would rather see a kids film in a game they lost to see how he played against good competition and see how he handles adversity. (learned that one from Erhardt)
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

watching these guys in hs while they are verballed to NDSU is pretty fun and lets you watch them develop. Plus they like to pimp NDSU a lot while playing other teams and newspaper stories thus helping ndsu's exposure.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

I never watch high lights. Or get let down. There are to many variables when I kid is in high school. I take notice after he shows up on campus and I listen to how they are progressing.

I would rather see a kids film in a game they lost to see how he played against good competition and see how he handles adversity. (learned that one from Erhardt)
    I find the highlight reels exciting but ya it would be interesting to see film from tough games but how do you get those. Their highlight vids tell somewhat of a story. I knew Menard might play this year strictly from his highlights and there are several guys redshirting that I have really high hopes for based on highlights.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    I find the highlight reels exciting but ya it would be interesting to see film from tough games but how do you get those. Their highlight vids tell somewhat of a story. I knew Menard might play this year strictly from his highlights and there are several guys redshirting that I have really high hopes for based on highlights.
    Hey if that's how you want to evaluate a player that's fine with me.
    Another thing Ive learned is if hes a man playing amongst boys you better look at tape of him playing against better competition.

Hey if that's how you want to evaluate a player that's fine with me.
    Another thing Ive learned is if hes a man playing amongst boys you better look at tape of him playing against better competition.
    True. I loved seeing Stick, RJ, and Jalen play so well in the Nebraska all star game for that very reason

Agree the competition they play against is key when looking at highlights.

Sending off a Q&A for Sikes tonight. Any questions you want asked?