Page 5 of 84 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Catch all Recruiting thread

Default Re: Catch all Recruiting thread

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    The junior scored her 2,000 point today in a loss to DGF.
    I hope the team opens up to other ethnic groups than blue eyed blonde girls..

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonionette View Post
    I hope the team opens up to other ethnic groups than blue eyed blonde girls..

Your rhetoric is old. I haven't figured out if you are actually DeHoff or a close relative. Whoever you are take your BS someplace else.

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    Your rhetoric is old. I haven't figured out if you are actually DeHoff or a close relative. Whoever you are take your BS someplace else.
    An odd comment by Bisonionette. Don't think that Bisonionette was a fan of DeHoff though.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    An odd comment by Bisonionette. Don't think that Bisonionette was a fan of DeHoff though.
    Or a fan of the coach that's already won more games in January than the previous coach did all of last season. Noticed how she had nothing negative to say in the SDSU game thread.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonionette View Post
    i hope the team opens up to other ethnic groups than blue eyed blonde girls..
    wtf.........
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

BlueKeyAlum is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm hoping Walseth can pull in kids who are D1 talent and who want to be Bison. A phenomenon that happened recently (and the stars may have to allign for this to happen) was the publicity and energy generated at Louisville when they landed Shoni and Jude Schimmel off the Umatilla Indian Reservation in Oregon. Shoni is an elite talent who now is in the WNBA but while in Louisville native crowds flocked to home and away games to see her and visit with her after games. I don't know if there is a local Native American kid with that talent, that desire and that
    Following but it would be a cool dynamic if it could happen.
    "I’m not familiar precisely with what I said, but I’ll stand by what I said, whatever it was.” --- Mitt Romney

"That which doesn't kill you, hurts." -- me

Quote Originally Posted by BlueKeyAlum View Post
    I'm hoping Walseth can pull in kids who are D1 talent and who want to be Bison.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^This. End of story.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Bisionette probably meant that she would like to see Walseth expand the recruiting beyond our little midwest foot print which is primarily Norwegian heritage. Maybe not the best wording but I see her point. If we can land enough talent in ND, SD, MN, and WI were good, but if we can't, let's go a little deeper into other parts of the country.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Bisionette probably meant that she would like to see Walseth expand the recruiting beyond our little midwest foot print which is primarily Norwegian heritage. Maybe not the best wording but I see her point. If we can land enough talent in ND, SD, MN, and WI were good, but if we can't, let's go a little deeper into other parts of the country.

Thanks, my point is there should be an effort to be inclusive, until we are, its difficult to recruit girls of color as they tend not to want to be the "only one" on the team. Now that the coaching staff has some diversity perhaps that will help in recruiting from urban areas of minn, wisc, and maybe illinois.

Folks here are so quick to throw a punch geeeze...

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonionette View Post
    Thanks, my point is there should be an effort to be inclusive, until we are, its difficult to recruit girls of color as they tend not to want to be the "only one" on the team. Now that the coaching staff has some diversity perhaps that will help in recruiting from urban areas of minn, wisc, and maybe illinois.

Folks here are so quick to throw a punch geeeze...
    It's a bad point because there has been diversity on the roster in the past. Just because you choose to ignore that is on you.