Page 48 of 84 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: Catch all Recruiting thread

Default Re: Catch all Recruiting thread

There is plenty of playing time available for good recruits or transfers to jump start this program back. New coach hire is sooooooo important.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

not trying to be rude. but since maren is gone do we still honor her 1 verbal on Wednesday?

"She’d spoken with nearby Division III schools Concordia and Carroll University before a late offer by NDSU.
    “It’s always been a goal of mine but didn’t think I’d be lucky enough to get one,” Behnke said of a Division I scholarship. “It’s kind of like winning the lottery.”

i mean , Only D3 offers. 12 ppg as a 6 2 senior?

if im wrong Elephants Dream tell me and ill delete, since theres a coaching coach i was curious & think its a valid discussion to have on a message board

https://www.htrnews.com/story/sports...te/2804915002/
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    not trying to be rude. but since maren is gone do we still honor her 1 verbal on Wednesday?

"She’d spoken with nearby Division III schools Concordia and Carroll University before a late offer by NDSU.
    “It’s always been a goal of mine but didn’t think I’d be lucky enough to get one,” Behnke said of a Division I scholarship. “It’s kind of like winning the lottery.”

i mean , Only D3 offers. 12 ppg as a 6 2 senior?

if im wrong Elephants Dream tell me and ill delete, since theres a coaching coach i was curious & think its a valid discussion to have on a message board

https://www.htrnews.com/story/sports...te/2804915002/
    The school and program made a commitment to her just as she did to the school. The school should honor the offer.

One other thought-----

If they were going to rescind the offer it should have been done when MW got the hook. You dont wait till signing day.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

thats true PL

i was waiting for elephants or bisonette opinion as they are the WBB alums on here

She did have a surgical procedure done in August on a foot that had a broken bone (s?)
    so was coming back from that. Wants to major in sonography, which NDSU has, so that guided the schools she would consider.

https://www.wearegreenbay.com/sports...ete/1788722347

There was a second commit as well,

Brian Shawn
    @BShawnMidcoSN
    ·
    Mar 4
    2019 Dickinson standout, Gabby Jung, has committed to play basketball at North Dakota State... She averaged 19 PPG & 6 RPG this season for the Midgets...
    If both still sign with NDSU, looks like 12 schollies accounted for, leaving 3 for the new coach. (for this year, or bank 1-3 for next year being so late in recruiting season)

Macey Kvilvang transferring to Valley City State

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Macey Kvilvang transferring to Valley City State
    Her brother transferred there last year from University of Jamestown.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Her brother transferred there last year from University of Jamestown.
    And her mom was a standout player at VCSU back in the early 90s.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    She did have a surgical procedure done in August on a foot that had a broken bone (s?)
    so was coming back from that. Wants to major in sonography, which NDSU has, so that guided the schools she would consider.

https://www.wearegreenbay.com/sports...ete/1788722347

There was a second commit.

If both still sign with NDSU, looks like 12 schollies accounted for, leaving 3 for the new coach. (for this year, or bank 1-3 for next year being so late in recruiting season)
    So, 12 on scholarships and 1-3 to bank for Coach Collins ? I don't see the sense in banking schollies. The Bison came to SF for the SL tourney with 8, yes, 8 players dressed to play. If Entz banked scholarships, BV would be grabbing pitchforks and torches...…..or, is this an apples to oranges comparison ?

If I was coach Jory. I would cut some bait with players and current recruits. Just say "well, Im the new coach, sorry, but I need to change some things here at NDSU"