Page 33 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Thread: Catch all Recruiting thread

Default Re: Catch all Recruiting thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    anyone know how much longer NDSU has with this current coach? The Lynn Dorn hire. I know we don't pay buyouts, so I am curious. Not getting Lexi Klabo (or even trying) when she is now an all conference post in the BIg Sky with two years left. Now losing Manson, and not even trying. If UND beat us in these, give them credit, but we aren't even recruiting these local stars? You will not find better families. They are great kids. This staff should be embarrassed. Do we even fill out all of our scholarships? How can you miss or not even try? How about the really strong girl that was at West Fargo that is going to UND. I hope she rocks too. More power to them. They are a far superior team to NDSU at this point. Congrats to the job they are doing up there. Using Fargo kids to do it is salt in the wound. what is the excuse for not filling out the roster? How brutal is it to hear they are always short handed. Don't girls get like 15 scholarships? Does NDSU even fill them up?
    Not sure what the length of Walseth contract is. This year roster has 13 players on it. 4- freshman, 6 soph, 2 jr and 1 senior. Not sure if there are plans to red shirt the freshmen or not. 6'4", 6' 3", 6' 2" and 5' 11". Good height coming in.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

anyone know how much longer NDSU has with this current coach? The Lynn Dorn hire. I know we don't pay buyouts, so I am curious. Not getting Lexi Klabo (or even trying) when she is now an all conference post in the BIg Sky with two years left. Now losing Manson, and not even trying. If UND beat us in these, give them credit, but we aren't even recruiting these local stars? You will not find better families. They are great kids. This staff should be embarrassed. Do we even fill out all of our scholarships? How can you miss or not even try? How about the really strong girl that was at West Fargo that is going to UND. I hope she rocks too. More power to them. They are a far superior team to NDSU at this point. Congrats to the job they are doing up there. Using Fargo kids to do it is salt in the wound. what is the excuse for not filling out the roster? How brutal is it to hear they are always short handed. Don't girls get like 15 scholarships? Does NDSU even fill them up?
    Maybe the same time NDSU decides to replace their men's coach with someone who can actually make adjustments/run an offensive scheme that works?

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My thoughts exactly, always an excuse for the extra scholarships available or why the roster isn't full...it's really getting old. Losing the local kids is disheartening as well, maybe NDSU basketball is taking the Tim Brewster approach to recruiting...

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Speaking with an incoming freshman parent, although they would like to redshirt the freshman class, they probably won't be able to.

As for Maggie Manson, her dad played men's ball there. But can you blame her for going to the better program?

Kabo's dad attended UND for a year or so, her aunt and Uncle played sports at NDSU. Again, better program can't blame her.

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I thought the previous posters were complaining that we didn't even try to recruit her.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    My thoughts exactly, always an excuse for the extra scholarships available or why the roster isn't full...it's really getting old. Losing the local kids is disheartening as well, maybe NDSU basketball is taking the Tim Brewster approach to recruiting...
    Incredibly weak pre conference sched. Clearly an attempt to gain a winning record and look good to the AD. Not fooling anyone here. I think what,
    3 NAIA teams and D1 teams from timbucktoo. (except co)
    Last edited by Bisonionette; 09-28-2017 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonionette View Post
    Incredibly week pre conference sched. Clearly an attempt to gain a winning record and look good to the AD. Not fooling anyone here. I think what,
    3 NAIA teams and D1 teams from timbucktoo. (except co)
    "Look good for the AD"? Does the AD help with the schedule ? Probably not fully done by the coach. Someone can correct me on that.But yes the schedule is weak.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

"Looking good for the AD" is assuming we will actually win those games.

Umm, not a total surprise on the schedule to me.
    They were, after all, 6-24 last season. Why not set the table to double (or possibly more) the number of victories this season? They also have to make up for IUPUI leaving the conference at the last minute, just like the men's team.
    13 players on roster - 10 are freshman and sophomores (4 FR, 6 Soph).
    One of the 2 juniors is a new JC transfer, so 1 returning experienced junior, Kennedy Childers, and senior Taylor Thunstedt.
    Last edited by bruinbison; 09-27-2017 at 07:05 PM.

Ok, but this was to be the weakest pre-conference sched since going D1. Unless Maren is artificially trying to have a nice record going into league, perhaps to save her ass from being fired. I don';t know what this will accomplish.

Mayville *
    NJIT
    UMASS
    Valley City *
    Navy
    UMBC
    Colorado
    Milwaukee
    Rio Grande Valley
    UND
    Cal Poly
    Dakota State *

When I first saw this, I figured 2 things, one, no one wants to play us, or two, Maren is scheduling this to try to save her job. This is season four with her. smh

When to do the excuses run out? With this schedule we should be something like 9 and 3 going into conference.