Page 28 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Thread: Catch all Recruiting thread

Default Re: Catch all Recruiting thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonionette View Post
    Good find, where did you see her play?
    ND class A girls tourney. Yesterday and today. They will play for 3 td place tomorrow night
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by dakotabison View Post
    Walseth is in Brookings this weekend watching the State A girls basketball tournament.

She has no chance of landing the three girls she is watching. she has burned her bridge in South Dakota!!!!!
    Explain the burning bridge comment. Please
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Explain the burning bridge comment. Please
    People act weird in the women's bball forum

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Lauren Ware 6' 3" freshman from Century High in Bismarck. For a tall freshman she seems to run the floor well and is not clumsy for her height and age. So for our Bismarck Bison fans is she someone that should be looked at? The only reason I bring up the younger ones is that if you start watching them as they mature you can tell if there is more room to improve in college or if they have peaked already. To my untrained eye, I liked what I saw from her on the court for only being a freshman.
    Emily Dietz is listed at 6'3', and Ware was 2 inches taller. So I think Ware is a bigger than 6'3". Some things that stood out. When she block shots she didn't commit fouls and was able to control the ball. Her pick and roll were smooth. She would set the high screen, pivot to the basket.

Her dad was all conference when he played for the University of Mary.

Lauren Ware 6' 3" freshman from Century High in Bismarck. For a tall freshman she seems to run the floor well and is not clumsy for her height and age. So for our Bismarck Bison fans is she someone that should be looked at? The only reason I bring up the younger ones is that if you start watching them as they mature you can tell if there is more room to improve in college or if they have peaked already. To my untrained eye, I liked what I saw from her on the court for only being a freshman.
    Emily Dietz is listed at 6'3', and Ware was 2 inches taller. So I think Ware is a bigger than 6'3". Some things that stood out. When she block shots she didn't commit fouls and was able to control the ball. Her pick and roll were smooth. She would set the high screen, pivot to the basket.

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post

This young lady has some very good skills at her age. I really hope NDSU is making contact early on her and gets their foot in the door. Hate to see the Ms. Basketball from Wapheton going to SDSU.

This young lady has some very good skills at her age. I really hope NDSU is making contact early on her and gets their foot in the door. Hate to see the Ms. Basketball from Wapheton going to SDSU.
    High major probably. NDSU has been on her for about 9 months.

Quote Originally Posted by balla45 View Post
    High major probably. NDSU has been on her for about 9 months.
    Glad to hear they are on Lauren Ware already. This pleases me.

Glad to hear they are on Lauren Ware already. This pleases me.
    Walseth is out and about at quite a few girls events. Locally there are few good travel teams and a local travel tournaments that draw the top girls in. So Walseth and NDSU is out watching and identifying the top girls players in the region. High school girls basketball is a pretty small circle and the better players are well known. The young ladies playing basketball are very well aware of who can play, who can't play and what the plans are.

Aside from the local travel teams from the Bismarck, Fargo, GF, there are a few local AAU teams that are more regional in nature. And will get a more class B feel to them. This only helps in meeting and seeing the other good players in the region. Again Coach Walseth will hit the main AAU girls tournament in the cities this summer.

As for the Irwin from Wahpeton, the word was she had indicated she wanted to go to SDSU early (sophomore year). So NDSU may have never been in the running for her. When you talk about strength and size needed to play D1, she is lean. If she weights 125 I would be shocked. But she can play.

A lot of good BB players in high school don't look to play college basketball. Volleyball is game of choice.

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    Walseth is out and about at quite a few girls events. Locally there are few good travel teams and a local travel tournaments that draw the top girls in. So Walseth and NDSU is out watching and identifying the top girls players in the region. High school girls basketball is a pretty small circle and the better players are well known. The young ladies playing basketball are very well aware of who can play, who can't play and what the plans are.

Aside from the local travel teams from the Bismarck, Fargo, GF, there are a few local AAU teams that are more regional in nature. And will get a more class B feel to them. This only helps in meeting and seeing the other good players in the region. Again Coach Walseth will hit the main AAU girls tournament in the cities this summer.

As for the Irwin from Wahpeton, the word was she had indicated she wanted to go to SDSU early (sophomore year). So NDSU may have never been in the running for her. When you talk about strength and size needed to play D1, she is lean. If she weights 125 I would be shocked. But she can play.

A lot of good BB players in high school don't look to play college basketball. Volleyball is game of choice.

This also shows you need to get to the kids early. Can they change their minds, sure. But if you can get the early start on them is great.

I have heard that also. Why is that? Less of a grind and easier on college studies to play volleyball?