Page 21 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: Catch all Recruiting thread

Default Re: Catch all Recruiting thread

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    It's impossible to tell from watching these games. The talent and quality of girl's basketball in this region is God Awful and that's being kind.
    That's spot on... Girls with hugely inflated stats, playing backwater highschools is very hard to guage. I'd like to see them on AAU travel teams which unfortunately I havent had the opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    It's impossible to tell from watching these games. The talent and quality of girl's basketball in this region is God Awful and that's being kind.
    What's happened to the quality or was it never D1 caliber? We dominated at D2 with a lot of local talent. UND and the SD schools seem to be doing well enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonionette View Post
    That's spot on... Girls with hugely inflated stats, playing backwater highschools is very hard to guage. I'd like to see them on AAU travel teams which unfortunately I havent had the opportunity.
    Macey could actually be getting hurt in terms of stats because she doesn't have all that much support.

Rolette has a tall girl who was hampered by having a weak supporting cast.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SanDakotaState View Post
    SDSU gets a verbal from Tylee Irwin from Wahpeton, 2017 wing. She's the first player in the 2017 ND class to verbal.

http://www.kjasr.com/
    http://www.5statehoops.com/page/show...73-tylee-irwin
    Saw her play in person a couple of weeks ago. IMHO she is not a div 1 BB player. She weights about 80lbs. Man is she skinny. Did not dominate the game I was at against a very poor team. Had her shot blocked more than once.

Macey Kvilvang and Steph Miller article (North Star HS) - her mother was
    an all-stater back in the day for Cando - Trina Elsperger Kvilvang (1990)

Kvilvang is the tallest player in the B state tournament (6' 5" JR). She also puts up some of the biggest numbers, averaging 25 points, 12.1 rebounds, 4.5 blocks and 3.8 assists.
    http://www.grandforksherald.com/spor...hers-footsteps

North Star is on to the Class B semi-finals after defeating
    Fairmount-Campbell-Tintah. Kvilvang got the best of her
    match-up against F-C-T's Madison Kaehler (6' 3" SR).
    Last edited by bruinbison; 03-04-2016 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    Saw her play in person a couple of weeks ago. IMHO she is not a div 1 BB player. She weights about 80lbs. Man is she skinny. Did not dominate the game I was at against a very poor team. Had her shot blocked more than once.
    I'll trust SDSU's coaching staff when it comes to recruiting, not some poster from a message board. I mean SDSU has only won 6/7 Summit League Tournament Championships and are one of the best mid-major women basketball programs in the nation.

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'd take Kvilvang on the Bison. She rebounds and effects a ton of shots. She isn't great around the hoop. Actually looked like she had a nice mid range shot.

Anyone know if Kiley Borowicz from Roseau is a D1 player? The girl is a scoring machine. I'm guessing she's in the 2,500 point range now at the end of her junior season. Had 38 tonight vs DGF. She has two younger sisters too a freshman and a 7th grader.

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    Anyone know if Kiley Borowicz from Roseau is a D1 player? The girl is a scoring machine. I'm guessing she's in the 2,500 point range now at the end of her junior season. Had 38 tonight vs DGF. She has two younger sisters too a freshman and a 7th grader.
    Kiley with 33/13/6 with 1 turnover in Roseau's first round win over Pequot Lakes.
    7th grader Katie scored 4 points in 20 minutes.

Winona defeats Becker 37-33 to advance to Minnesota 3A basketball finals.

Junior Danneka Voegeli, a 6-foot-2 North Dakota State commit, held 6-foot-2 Alex Johnson to eight points — about half her average — while making some key plays for the Winhawks down the stretch.

After Becker grabbed a 33-32 lead — its first of the second half — on a 3-pointer by Alexa Hanowski with 3:26 to play, Voegeli scored off an offensive rebound, one of five she grabbed Thursday, and the Winhawks had the lead. She added two more free throws the next time down the court to push the lead to 36-33.

“She never stops working,” Gleason said of Voegeli, who had six points and eight rebounds. “She had some huge rebounds there at the end. Those free throws made me enjoy the last few minutes a little easier.”
    http://m.winonadailynews.com/sports/...9a1136f06.html