Page 20 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: Catch all Recruiting thread

Default Re: Catch all Recruiting thread

I really like to see the length of some of these recruits. Nice to see some 6'+ players coming in. Coach Walseth appears to have this moving in the right direction. Go Bison.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Cautiously optimistic, it sure looks like Coach Walseth is getting a higher caliber recruit than we were getting in the past but when we are at the bottom looking up everything looks good. At least we are getting recruits with other D1 offers. Man this program was ran into the ground, that is just not the Bison way, this town and campus will show up for women's basketball just give it a competitive team to cheer for. This class is huge for Bison Women's Basketball!!!!!!

cautiously optimistic...

This year will be brutal... afterwhich the "talent" will be freshman.. it's gonna take three years to be competitive.. that's IF Maren stays on... clearly Bisonville is just a jumping off platform for her...

BlueKeyAlum is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Reilly Jacobson and Waukee won an Iowa State title this past season and Jacobson was named Captain of the state title game. In the semis, her team beat defending champion Dowling Catholic, on which current Bison Frosh Kennedy Childers was a star.
    "I’m not familiar precisely with what I said, but I’ll stand by what I said, whatever it was.” --- Mitt Romney

"That which doesn't kill you, hurts." -- me

Moorhead Spud sophomore Sam Haiby passes the 1000 point level.
    Moorhead HS defeats West Fargo Sheyenne 79-64, now 11-6.

On a night when her scoring ability was honored, Haiby did everything else too. Not only did she have 21 points on 9-of-18 shooting, but she also had nine rebounds, nine assists and eight steals Thursday.
    http://www.inforum.com/sports/393014...rhead-sheyenne

Coach Walseth on the recruiting road tonight.....

Dom Izzo
    Dom Izzo – ‏@DomIzzoWDAY

#NDSU and #UND in Devils Lake tonight to see North Star standout. https://twitter.com/TheHerd215/statu...33151145185282
    Sam Herder
    Sam Herder – ‏@TheHerd215

Add Univ. of Minnesota to this list. Plenty of eyes on 6-foot-5 junior Macey Kvilvang of North Star. Scary part is VB is her best sport.

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Coach Walseth on the recruiting road tonight.....
    friend of mine said the Gophers had an assistant there as well. He also said she's a much better volleyball player. I know NDSU and UND were looking at her in the fall.

Even 6'5" girls with no talent have value. Can't coach someone to be tall.

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonionette View Post
    Even 6'5" girls with no talent have value. Can't coach someone to be tall.

Kvilvang might be really talented I don't know, but Amber Dvorak didn't have much value to the Gophers a few seasons back at 6'7". She was pretty good at Drury though.

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    Kvilvang might be really talented I don't know, but Amber Dvorak didn't have much value to the Gophers a few seasons back at 6'7". She was pretty good at Drury though.
    It's impossible to tell from watching these games. The talent and quality of girl's basketball in this region is God Awful and that's being kind.