Page 56 of 84 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: Catch all Recruiting thread

Default Re: Catch all Recruiting thread

Quote Originally Posted by BlueKeyAlum View Post
    Recruiting guru Raoul is reporting that 2020 point guard Kylie Strop out of Falls high school Wisconsin has verballed Coach J Collins and the Bison.

Below I have attached your HUDL page

https://www.hudl.com/profile/8948520/Kylie-Strop
    Another earlier commit, from River Falls WI.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Another earlier commit, from River Falls WI.
    Awesome. Like this one!

And a surprise 3rd signing today:
    Reneya Hopkins - 5’ 7” PG - Redlands Community College

https://gobison.com/news/2019/11/13/...gning-day.aspx

From Midwest City, Okla., Hopkins earned all-conference honors as a freshman at Redlands Community College. During her rookie campaign, Hopkins averaged 14.4 points, 5.3 assists, 2.0 steals and 1.0 blocks per game. She started 27 of the 28 games she appeared in, while also pulling down 5.2 rebounds per game for a team that went 21-10. Redlands has started the 2019-20 season 4-0, with Hopkins averaging 20.0 points, 5.3 rebounds, 4.8 points and 2.3 steals per game, while shooting 44 percent from the field. Hopkins was an all-state and all-city selection in 2018, while also being part of a team that won the 2016 state championship. Hopkins plans to major in Kinesiology.

"Reneya will be the best athlete on our team as soon as she steps on campus," Collins said. "She will add a dimension we don't have as far as putting pressure on other teams on both ends of the floor. She also plays the game with a confidence and swagger we need an infusion of. As a point guard, she is a very good scorer at all three levels, but is also terrific at creating for other people. We are probably most excited about Reneya's ability to pressure the ball and create some havoc defensively."
    Nice to see all the PG help!

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    And a surprise 3rd signing today:
    Reneya Hopkins - 5’ 7” PG - Redlands Community College

https://gobison.com/news/2019/11/13/...gning-day.aspx

Nice to see all the PG help!
    I have a lot of faith in Coach Collins to bring in the right players to move this program forward. Cobbins is really good and will only improve. There are players currently that can help us win as well. This really is an exciting time for Ladies Hoops at NDSU.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

In my opinion he is still missing on Amber Stevahn at BSC. She led the nation in scoring last year as a long wing in JUCO. I guess they have said they are watching her this year, but I don't think he will probably offer her even though she wants to stay local. Looks like she has played three games and is averaging 22 a game with 7 rebounds a game on 52% shooting.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    In my opinion he is still missing on Amber Stevahn at BSC. She led the nation in scoring last year as a long wing in JUCO. I guess they have said they are watching her this year, but I don't think he will probably offer her even though she wants to stay local. Looks like she has played three games and is averaging 22 a game with 7 rebounds a game on 52% shooting.
    I would like to see some highlights for this Stevahn gal, but none are to be found.

I think Coach Collins has done his job in recruiting. The highlights reveal a look much different than what we have been accustomed to, and that is a good thing. The future looks bright for Bison women's basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    I would like to see some highlights for this Stevahn gal, but none are to be found.

I think Coach Collins has done his job in recruiting. The highlights reveal a look much different than what we have been accustomed to, and that is a good thing. The future looks bright for Bison women's basketball.
    https://www.bscmystics.com/sports/wb...ahn_amber_q0si

There are some limited stats in this page.

[QUOTE=Tony Almeida;1382879]I would like to see some highlights for this Stevahn gal, but none are to be found.

I have seen her play at BSC against a few of the better teams in their conference and she is one of those sneaky scorers because she gets points in all sorts of different ways. All of sudden she is in the 20's. A number of us that have watched women's BB for years all believe she can play at that level so I am not the only one saying this. However, I will now stop as I don't think it will happen.

I will say when NDSU went DI this is the one program I thought would succeed right away so it looks like I was wrong about that. However, SDSU has dominated with mainly all local talent so go figure. Our 80's and 90's teams would do real well and would compete with SDSU and that is what I want back.

By the way I just talked to Amber's mom and she indicated SDSU has talked to her so I guess I am not that far off.
    If it flies it dies.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    I have seen her play at BSC against a few of the better teams in their conference and she is one of those sneaky scorers because she gets points in all sorts of different ways. All of sudden she is in the 20's. A number of us that have watched women's BB for years all believe she can play at that level so I am not the only one saying this. However, I will now stop as I don't think it will happen.

I will say when NDSU went DI this is the one program I thought would succeed right away so it looks like I was wrong about that. However, SDSU has dominated with mainly all local talent so go figure. Our 80's and 90's teams would do real well and would compete with SDSU and that is what I want back.

By the way I just talked to Amber's mom and she indicated SDSU has talked to her so I guess I am not that far off.
    After seeing her play, why do you think she is not garnering the attention she deserves especially from NDSU? I've seen some stats where she is scoring over 50 pts which is just plain out sick. So what are her weaknesses in your opinion that are keeping college coaches away if indeed this is the case?

And why isn't there one damn highlight tape of her??

Good question Tony. I don't have an answer for that. She is a coaches dream as she plays all out all the time. She won the class B high jump so she has some athletic ability. She reminds me of a slightly shorter Kasey Morlock. Maybe she is borderline recruit I don't know as she is being recruited by MSU and other D2 schools as well, but coaches miss on people all the time. IE Adam Thielen is an easy example. Some kids get better each and every year and she has been one of those individuals. I guess Jory has asked her to walk on.
    If it flies it dies.