Page 45 of 84 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: Catch all Recruiting thread

Default Re: Catch all Recruiting thread

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    Listened to the radio interview with Jack M and Sarah J. She said she was dismissed last Sat. Jack M didn't ask for a reason.
    Sarah took the high road & only had good things to say about being a part of Bison basketball, her continued love for the game, etc.
    Classy young lady.
    Says a whole heck of a lot about Sarah and her family versus her former head coach who continues to disappoint and disgust. This is a really really bad look for the program(which is saying something) and even the AD.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Do they even have enough to scrimmage in practice?

Your "highly" touted ND recruits LEAVE the program besides MV product--- how is that ever good?

Saw Moorhead St. women's coach COY in their conference---- ND has some good talent----MN has excellent talent----

NDSU Women's Basketball NEEDS HIGHER EXPECTATIONS-----

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    Do they even have enough to scrimmage in practice?

Your "highly" touted ND recruits LEAVE the program besides MV product--- how is that ever good?

Saw Moorhead St. women's coach COY in their conference---- ND has some good talent----MN has excellent talent----

NDSU Women's Basketball NEEDS HIGHER EXPECTATIONS-----
    Maybe Walseth has adopted Richman's idea of "I do not worry about results but more in trusting the process". Whatever that means. Trust in the process of losing games, well then you are on your way to the unemployment line.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think I read somewhere that she might stay at NDSU and maybe not play basketball. I think she's waiting to see who the new coach will be.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Amber Stevahn from BSC had 44 last night in their conference championship. She is a prime example of someone we did not recruit and redshirt because we cannot see good local talent. This is the type of person the football team just doesn’t miss on locally.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    Amber Stevahn from BSC had 44 last night in their conference championship. She is a prime example of someone we did not recruit and redshirt because we cannot see good local talent. This is the type of person the football team just doesn’t miss on locally.
    Women's basketball program is an absolute dumpster fire, but this is bull shit. Stevahn wasn't a Miss Basketball candidate or 1st team all state, she was a good high school player. If she was missed by NDSU she also missed by all the other 4 year schools in the state too.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    Women's basketball program is an absolute dumpster fire, but this is bull shit. Stevahn wasn't a Miss Basketball candidate or 1st team all state, she was a good high school player. If she was missed by NDSU she also missed by all the other 4 year schools in the state too.
    You obviously never saw her play then. She was on Shiloh Christian's undefeated team last year that was the best team in the state that was upset by a really good Grant County team and should have been 1st team all state if people actually pay attention to more than just points as she fills the stat sheet. She won the state high jump placed in cross country and is 5'11" with long arms and very athletic. She is more athletic than players we currently have. She led a team her sophomore year to the state title against Kilvang and was the best player on the floor. Sorry, I could see the talent years ago and stated it on this board. She didn't change anything from last year to this year but was just was asked to score more. She led JUCO BB with 25 a game on 57% shooting. Not bad for someone that wasn't first team I guess.

I would recruit someone 5'11" that is really athletic that just needs to develop a three point shot all day long. She would make threes just didn't shoot them that often.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I watched her 3 games in the state tournament her sophomore year. She was a good player, but no one that screamed D1 player. To say she led her team to the state title and was the best player on the floor is a HUGE stretch. She didn't even make the all tournament team. Krista Ulmer was the best player on that team.

Recruiting news:

https://mobile.twitter.com/BShawnMid...68490082193408

Brian Shawn
    @BShawnMidcoSN
    ·
    Mar 4
    2019 Dickinson standout, Gabby Jung, has committed to play basketball at North Dakota State... She averaged 19 PPG & 6 RPG this season for the Midgets...
    http://www.hudl.com/profile/7045025/Gabrielle-Jung

Gabby Jung, 5’ 10”, named to the 2019 All-WDA Team:

https://www.thedickinsonpress.com/sp...n-all-wda-nods

Appearing in 20 games this season, Jung was the region’s second-leading scorer at 19.4 points per game. She also averaged 2.6 steals and one block a contest, good enough for fourth and sixth in the conference, respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Jung shoots the ball from her hip. At least from the hilights that were attached to this thread. That would need to be fixed. But this current staff is incapable of coaching so I guess its a lost cause... I thought gaslarova had a bad lookin' shot, but again, this staff has no clue how to coach, so I don't have high expectations.