Page 36 of 84 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Catch all Recruiting thread

Default Re: Catch all Recruiting thread

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    From last year on Ware.
    Looks like she has gotten better.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Lauren Ware from Bismarck Century had 22 points 16 rebounds and 8 blocked shots in the opening round of ND Class A state tourney. She is only a sophomore and had a great freshman year as well. NDSU better be on this player.
    Is she the reason why Iowa St. is at the SHAC this afternoon for the Class A girl's tournament?

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Looks like she has gotten better.
    The question is she on UCONN's radar yer? She played pretty high level AAU last summer, waiting to hear if she is on one of the national Nike or UA teams this spring/summer.

Sam Haiby from Moorhead went Big 10, while very, very good, 5'10'' guards can play are everywhere (except NDSU).

6' 4" run the court better than most guards, and handle the ball better than most guards, that player is a bit harder to find.

As for better this year? Yep, she doesn't get fouls, not that she got many as a freshman, but body control and being at the right spot on the court, has cut down fouls.

Quote Originally Posted by DIBISON View Post
    Is she the reason why Iowa St. is at the SHAC this afternoon for the Class A girl's tournament?
    I would guess so. I hope NDSU is also in attendance.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    The question is she on UCONN's radar yer? She played pretty high level AAU last summer, waiting to hear if she is on one of the national Nike or UA teams this spring/summer.

Sam Haiby from Moorhead went Big 10, while very, very good, 5'10'' guards can play are everywhere (except NDSU).

6' 4" run the court better than most guards, and handle the ball better than most guards, that player is a bit harder to find.

As for better this year? Yep, she doesn't get fouls, not that she got many as a freshman, but body control and being at the right spot on the court, has cut down fouls.
    I was massively impressed with her body control last year. Her moves were fluid and for a freshman down right amazing. Got a good head on her shoulders too. Great basketball mind.

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I would guess so. I hope NDSU is also in attendance.
    Nope it was pizza day at the office...

Today is the 1st signing day:

Brian Shawn
    @BShawnMidcoSN
    ·
    51m
    The NDSU women's basketball team will have at least one addition in the late signing period. Raquel Terrer Van Gool is a Guard from Zaragoza, Spain that had played for Stadium Casablanca since Age 7.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Today is the 1st signing day:
    Interesting. I hope she can ball because we need some baller to help us out. Is she an inside player or outside player?

Two players from overseas commit to Bison women's basketball

By Forum staff reports Today at 12:26 p.m.

FARGO—One player from Spain and another from Montenegro will join North Dakota State's women's basketball team.

Raquel Terrer van Gool, a 5-foot-11 guard from Zaragoza, Spain, signed a national letter of intent Wednesday while Sofija Zivaljevic, a 5-foot-10 guard from Podgorica, Montenegro, announced she will transfer to NDSU.

Playing for Stadium Casablanca U18 in the top Spanish junior league, van Gool averaged 11.7 points and eight rebounds in the 2017 U18 Spanish championship. With a Spanish-Dutch dual citizenship, she will compete this summer for the Netherlands National Team in the U18 FIBA European Championship.

Zivaljevic will transfer from Iowa State, where she played one season and appeared in eight games. Zivaljevic averaged 8.2 points and 3.4 rebounds while competing for Montenegro's U20 National Team.

Wow... resorting to foreign players.... really, how about trying to recruiting players from competitive regions of our country. LA, CHI, TX, and East Coast... There are tons of Mid Major quality players there dying to play D1 basketball who get bypassed by Major conferences... We have such a clueless staff