Page 38 of 84 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Catch all Recruiting thread

Default Re: Catch all Recruiting thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Your not going to get the best local kids until you start winning. It's the same for UND FB. Is what it is, the coaching staff needs to improve the product on the court, if they can't we need to find someone who can.
    This has just got to end. Plz plz let this be her last season here. Foreign players taking our scholarships. Are we that desperate? No One will come here until she is gone. I guess that is the state we are in.

Olivia Skibiel - Mill Creek WA (Jackson)

Brian Shawn
    @BShawnMidcoSN

NDSU has received a commitment from a 6'1" senior wing out of Washington. 18.7 PPG, 2.7 APG last season.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GoEtU1Pwi28

No way.... an american?

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonionette View Post
    No way.... an american?
    Didn't even make a call to Maggie Manson from Sheyenne who committed to UND. Dad was a pretty good Bison BB player.

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    Didn't even make a call to Maggie Manson from Sheyenne who committed to UND. Dad was a pretty good Bison BB player.
    I asked a former player of the women's team what other alums think of Walseth. Of the many negatives she brought up she said she had no idea how to spot talent.

I am not hear to stand up for Coach Walseth (clearly she is on the hot seat for her job) but just to make a normal leveled headed comment. This is not directed at any one person or group. But there have been comments about not enough local players on the team and also comments about not recruiting local players for the team. Comments about local players are not "good" enough to play D1 basketball but yet people want local players. Not all players are going to come to NDSU with SDSU (powerhouse), USD (very solid) and UND (pretty good) all in our backyard. Currently 4 players are from ND with all very good high school resumes on the team. Yes there are 4 players from across the pond on the team as well. There was 7 in that recruiting class with 3 leaving the program, I believe I am correct on that number. I am not happy with the current state of WBB at NDSU either. It is my hope that the Jr class lead by Sarah, Rylee, Tyrah and Reilly take big step forward this year with the other talent on the team, setting them up for a great senior year. Dehoff did us no favors and Walseth has not proven herself to be a lot better.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I am not hear to stand up for Coach Walseth (clearly she is on the hot seat for her job) but just to make a normal leveled headed comment. This is not directed at any one person or group. But there have been comments about not enough local players on the team and also comments about not recruiting local players for the team. Comments about local players are not "good" enough to play D1 basketball but yet people want local players. Not all players are going to come to NDSU with SDSU (powerhouse), USD (very solid) and UND (pretty good) all in our backyard. Currently 4 players are from ND with all very good high school resumes on the team. Yes there are 4 players from across the pond on the team as well. There was 7 in that recruiting class with 3 leaving the program, I believe I am correct on that number. I am not happy with the current state of WBB at NDSU either. It is my hope that the Jr class lead by Sarah, Rylee, Tyrah and Reilly take big step forward this year with the other talent on the team, setting them up for a great senior year. Dehoff did us no favors and Walseth has not proven herself to be a lot better.
    Maybe she should try developing that young local talent instead of starting true freshman.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Maybe she should try developing that young local talent instead of starting true freshman.
    I would agree with you on the developing young talent. That is the same problem I have with Richman.
    Sorry but I knew everything there was to know about playing basketball coming out of HS. I needed no further instruction. EXTREMELY DEEP PURPLE...
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    You must have inside knowledge to say "Didn't even make a call?" Do have access to all the people who might have called? It just a pretty bold statement.

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    You must have inside knowledge to say "Didn't even make a call?" Do have access to all the people who might have called? It just a pretty bold statement.
    I know the family.

My daughter also attended NDSU and UND's women's camps this summer. So impression(s).

NDSU 50-55 girls in attendance. Camp led by upper class team members and assistants. Maren presence was at the opening and closing of camp. Not during the drills and games. A month later at the Nike tournament in Chicago, my daughters team (in which five girls on the team attended the camp) did not get an acknowledgement from Maren as she walked by.

Of the young ladies attending the camp it was felt NDSU was recruiting one camper. She has sense signed with UND.

The UND camp had 22 in attendance and the head coach was involved. Of the 22 campers, 3 have signed with UND (Maggie Manson included), and 2 others are considered top recruits this year as they will be juniors.