Page 37 of 84 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Catch all Recruiting thread

Default Re: Catch all Recruiting thread

Even worse for this staff is they can't even find the good players that are right under their noses. They never even had a meeting with Mikayla Reinke from Kindred (20 miles away) who ended up starting several games for UND as a true freshman, and from what I've been told, never even offered Tylee Irwin (50 miles away) who was great for SDSU this past season. It's time for the whole WBB staff to go.

Quote Originally Posted by dakotastater View Post
    Even worse for this staff is they can't even find the good players that are right under their noses. They never even had a meeting with Mikayla Reinke from Kindred (20 miles away) who ended up starting several games for UND as a true freshman, and from what I've been told, never even offered Tylee Irwin (50 miles away) who was great for SDSU this past season. It's time for the whole WBB staff to go.
    Amazing.... how is it that we give schollies to foreign players.. Without exhausting options in our own area let alone country. This staff puts zero effort in recruiting, yet they seem to attend AAU functions everywhere... Do they know they're supposed to work and evaluate? Not just run up an expense account...If we can't recruit this team with this staff will be forever doomed. I think perhaps it could be they are just inept at evaluating and identifying good players. Either way sad....

Quote Originally Posted by dakotastater View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bisonionette View Post
    Amazing.... how is it that we give schollies to foreign players.. Without exhausting options in our own area let alone country. This staff puts zero effort in recruiting, yet they seem to attend AAU functions everywhere... Do they know they're supposed to work and evaluate? Not just run up an expense account...If we can't recruit this team with this staff will be forever doomed. I think perhaps it could be they are just inept at evaluating and identifying good players. Either way sad....
    And it keeps happening...

https://bismarcktribune.com/sports/l...069d23bdc.html
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

NDSU just announced signing of a player from Denmark.

533 In a row

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Is she just using this job as a means to travel Europe?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Just noticed this from Brian Shawn (June 27th)

https://www.midcosn.com/blog/2018/06...ayers-offered/

Cirkeline Rimdal, a player on the Denmark U-18 team announced on her Facebook page that she has committed to play at NDSU and plans to join the team in the fall. She's a long 6'0" wing that plays in the top club in the country. She's known for her defense, but gives the Bison another athletic body to put on the floor. She is 19 years-old but will be a freshmen when she gets to campus and will be eligible to play right away.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VG-jiCte8Ko

Regarding some local recruiting:

the Bison women have offered scholarships to two players in the region. The first is Katie Entzi from Edgeley. Entzi is the daughter of University of Mary Hall of Fame basketball player, Rory Entzi, who is also very well known as a coach and official in North Dakota as well. Katie is a versatile post player that uses both hands well inside and has shown the ability to shoot outside as well. She will be a senior at Edgeley-Kulm-Montpelier this comingseason.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/10492188/Katie-Entzi/videos

NDSU has also offered Paige Thompson of nearby Hawley, Minnesota. Thompson is very gifted and versatile for her size. She stands 6'3", but can play any position on the floor, including point guard. She is very comfortable shooting from the perimeter but can go inside if she needs to. Thompson was an all-conference selection as a sophomore and will be a junior this coming season.
    That is an early offer for Paige Thompson by NDSU, as she is class of 2020.
    Last edited by bruinbison; 07-19-2018 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Just noticed this from Brian Shawn (June 27th)

https://www.midcosn.com/blog/2018/06...ayers-offered/

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VG-jiCte8Ko

Regarding some local recruiting:

That is an early offer for Paige Thompson by NDSU, as she is class of 2020.
    Seen Katie play several times. Solid post player and can shoot outside. Seems to get winded a little. But she will give you 110% effort. Would love to see her in green and gold.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Glad to see this thread light up again, I couldn't click on it at first with so much dust build up...

So Autumn Ogden is gone but we replaced her with a Dane...do we have any Americans left on the team? A while back when I said I would like for NDSU to keep an eye out over seas, what I had in mind was perhaps a player or two from Australia. Oh well, as long as they get the job done.

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My daughter attended both UND and NDSU basketball camps this past summer.

She was more impressed with UND.

At the NDSU camp there was approximately 50 kids attending. She noted that there was 1 prospect that NDSU was looking at (she later signed with UND). The number of prospects seemed lacking. With football camp for example, that is where NDSU discovers many of their future players. NDSU is not getting the future players at the camps.

UND had 22 campers of which 2 had already committed to UND, 1 more has since signed with UND. a couple of the underclassman at the camps will be eventual prospects. So many 25% of the kids at the UND camps were eventual Sioux.

Signees all played for the Dakota Drillers AAU team

Maren was at the AAU Nike Tournament in Chicago last week. Who she was following I don't know as my daughter plays a lower age bracket then where the coaches are scouting. I did view one Dakota Driller Game and 10-15 coaches, many from mid level P5 conferences were watching. Lauren Ware viewing. I did not see Maren at this time. I don't know who she was following. I did speak to one dad that ran into. His daughter along with 3 others from their aau team attended NDSU camp this past summer, Maren did not speak to him.

So whether our kids are NDSU caliber, maybe, maybe not, but at acknowledge the parent that spent$250 to go the camp.

So in dealing with the local basketball talent around here due my daughters play (high school and AAU), i don't see NDSU out much locally. So don't have a feel for what there focus is. The weekend before Chicago Nike Tournament, Lindsay Whalen was on the court next to us watching 10th grade girls play. That to me is when you find the recruits.

Your not going to get the best local kids until you start winning. It's the same for UND FB. Is what it is, the coaching staff needs to improve the product on the court, if they can't we need to find someone who can.