Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Catch all Recruiting thread

Hybrid View

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Catch all Recruiting thread

I'm not sure if all these girls are D1 talent or if they are even interested in NDSU, but I'm going to mention a few of the best players in the area and see if others have any opinions.

'15
    Sydney Boike, 5-10 guard, Crookston. I haven't seen her play in a couple years, but she was co-MVP the last two seasons of the Northwest Conference. The other co-MVP those seasons was Brooke Yaggie. A coach in that conference that went up against Boike and Yaggie told me Boike was easily the best player they played against. She's played a couple seasons of AAU ball with North Tartan, but is playing with MN Stars this summer.

Hannah Stewart, 6-2 forward, Bishop Ryan. She's been the best player for Ryan the past two years as they've won back to back state titles. Currently playing for North Tartan. I'm sure she would fit in nicely at NDSU, but others have posted that we have no shot of getting her.

Fallyn Freije, 6-0 forward, Lakota/Adams-Edmore. I don't know much about her. Also, in the conversation for best Class B player. I thought I heard she had an offer from UND.

'16
    Sarah Jacobson, 5-8 guard, Shanley. Everyone knows about her and how much we need to get her. Hands down best player in ND.

Rylee Nudell, 5-9(?) forward, Mapley Valley. Probably in the conversation for best Class B player in ND with Stewart. I don't know where she plays in the summer. She has been MVP of Courts Plus summer league the past 3 seasons. Will probably break Fisher's state record for most career points. I would love to hear some opinions on her.

Madison McKeever, 5-8 guard, Win-E-Mac. I have seen her play quite a bit. Super quick/fast. If she would have ran track I think she would have won the 100m the last 3 years at state. Has played the last 3 summers with North Tartan. Will be a 3,000 point scorer when her career is over. Dominated the state tournament this past winter as they won the title. Like a lot of the Class B kids she's been able to dominate a low level of competition with her superior athleticism.
    Last edited by natstar1; 07-31-2014 at 04:46 AM.

Default Re: Catch all Recruiting thread

Boike going to UND.

BlueKeyAlum is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

July recruiting period is over. Walseth and staff were all over the AAU scene hitting up, among other places, Minneapolis, Atlanta, Indianapolis, Chicago, Toledo, and Cincinnati.
    "I’m not familiar precisely with what I said, but I’ll stand by what I said, whatever it was.” --- Mitt Romney

"That which doesn't kill you, hurts." -- me

Fallyn Frieje is a 2015.

I believe Gabbie Bohl - 6'2" - F - Bishop Ryan has an NDSU offer as well.

Jaye Two Bears - Shiloh Christian

Tore her ACL this summer, but I believe her NDSU offer still is on the table.

Someone may have to double check for me.
    Last edited by balla45; 07-31-2014 at 03:01 AM. Reason: Adding info

Offer from who? Dehoff? The slate is wiped clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonionette View Post
    Offer from who? Dehoff? The slate is wiped clean.
    Well if anyone has any info or questions if there is an offer I can do some digging. This goes for any sport. if you got a name, I will put some leg work in. If they have an offer, they deserve to be mentioned IMO. So DM me or email me at john.neis@bisonation.info with any names, info or tips and I will get after it

Quote Originally Posted by balla45 View Post
    Fallyn Frieje is a 2015.
    Thanks, fixed. Pretty sure I knew that.

Balla, McKeever stand out to you if you watched her play? She would have been on Jacobson's team.

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    '16
    Sarah Jacobson, 5-8 guard, Shanley. Everyone knows about her and how much we need to get her. Hands down best player in ND.

Madison McKeever, 5-8 guard, Win-E-Mac. I have seen her play quite a bit. Super quick/fast. If she would have ran track I think she would have won the 100m the last 3 years at state. Has played the last 3 summers with North Tartan. Will be a 3,000 point scorer when her career is over. Dominated the state tournament this past winter as they won the title. Like a lot of the Class B kids she's been able to dominate a low level of competition with her superior athleticism.
    These two have been teammates the last two seasons at North Tartan and are now switching to Minnesota Fury.

Apparently, I've overrated Jacobson with my "best player in ND" comment too. I still want to see her play for the Bison.

Sarah Jacobson - 2016 offer (I'm assuming, can't remember if there was official word from new Coach Walseth)
    leads Fargo Shanley to a victory over Minot Bishop Ryan with 26 points.

With the victory in the long awaited clash between the No. 1 Class A and No. 1 Class B teams, Shanley ran its winning streak to 21 games. The Deacons are the defending state Class A champions.

Minot Ryan’s winning streak, which encompasses two state Class B titles, came to rest at 63 games.

Yet Ryan coach Julie Stewart, unblinking, said she’s not sorry the game was played, and believes it will benefit her team in the long run.
    Hats off to Ryan for playing this game, they didn't have to, but sought out a very interesting
    Class A - Class B match, (as did Shanley Coach Jacobson)
    knowing Shanley had so much talent and height returning this season.

Bishop Ryan
    - 6' 3" Hannah Stewart (Iowa) - 17 pts, 19 rbs
    - 6' 2" Gabbie Bohl (Mary University) - 17 pts, 11 rbs

Fargo Shanley
    - 6' 2" Alivia Fraase (Grand Forks volleyball) 4 pts, 6 rbs
    - 6' 0" Lauren Rotunda - JR - 26 pts, 5 rbs
    - 6' 2" Emily Dietz - SOPH - 5 pts

http://bismarcktribune.com/sports/hi...26b619e35.html

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Sarah Jacobson - 2016 offer (I'm assuming, can't remember if there was official word from new Coach Walseth)
    leads Fargo Shanley to a victory over Minot Bishop Ryan with 26 points.

Hats off to Ryan for playing this game, they didn't have to, but sought out a very interesting
    Class A - Class B match, (as did Shanley Coach Jacobson)
    knowing Shanley had so much talent and height returning this season.

Bishop Ryan
    - 6' 3" Hannah Stewart (Iowa) - 17 pts, 19 rbs
    - 6' 2" Gabbie Bohl (Mary University) - 17 pts, 11 rbs

Fargo Shanley
    - 6' 2" Alivia Fraase (Grand Forks volleyball) 4 pts, 6 rbs
    - 6' 0" Lauren Rotunda - JR - 26 pts, 5 rbs
    - 6' 2" Emily Dietz - SOPH - 5 pts

http://bismarcktribune.com/sports/hi...26b619e35.html
    I can only hope as much!
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."