Page 40 of 84 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Catch all Recruiting thread

Default Re: Catch all Recruiting thread

https://www.inforum.com/sports/baske...ens-basketball

Can someone comment on this. Finally something is being said in the media about how terrible NDSU women's basketball is. I remember when we won national championships with local girls. The house was packed. Its hard to believe how far it is fell.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Fan Forever View Post

Can someone comment on this. Finally something is being said in the media about how terrible NDSU women's basketball is. I remember when we won national championships with local girls. The house was packed. Its hard to believe how far it is fell.
    What’s with the comment ‘they found us’?
    Isn’t recruiting about finding Them?
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Fan Forever View Post

Following is taken from the end of Dom's article:

"We've got four North Dakota kids on the roster, two from Fargo, those are who I'm excited about, who found us." Walseth said. (They found us??? What the hell does that mean? We did not recruit them?)

Recruiting local kids isn't the end all, be all, but you can't ignore your own backyard. That has killed NDSU and it may still hurt for a while yet.

NDSU deputy athletic director Todd Phelps, who oversees women's basketball wrote in Walseth's evaluation that the "women's basketball program is continuing to take steps towards being a contender in the Summit League, recognizing it will take time to achieve that."

What the hell is he watching. It is only getting worse and they are not steps closer to being a contender.

I'm not sure if Phelps and I are watching the same product.

Walseth has a year left on her contract.

Is NDSU willing to wait longer (or buy her out) or keep seeing an empty SHAC and recruits go elsewhere?

That's the question NDSU has to answer. I think it is a question the media and more fans need to be asking the powers to be. Matt Larsen this is on you at this point.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

I'm a long time fan of the program & attended hundreds of games.
    I watched it last night on the 10pm sports.
    What the hell are Phelps and Larsen watching?
    I've never met Phelps, but he sounds like a brain-dead moron to me.
    How about having a coaching staff that has a clue? We DON"T have that now!
    How about recruiting some D1 players? That would be a good place to start.
    My solution: Dean B. should fire Larsen, Phelps, and the WBB coaching staff.

Well this was a good piece on this mess... It's so evident, that our team full of foreign players tells me the coach is totally clueless in recruiting. Walseth has to be as brain dead as the AD. European club teams can't get enough of american players because they know how much better american women basketball players are. Yet we take European players for what? It's so obvious this team has gotten worse since Walseth arrived. Her best team/year was her first, with none of her recruits. So this tells me she can't recruit AND she can't coach. She has got to go. It's time to demand her firing...

What are we waiting for?

Ndsu cheapness is the only reason
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

I don't know how great local girls BB is but it seems there is very little actual D1 talent in the area. Klabo is good but UND isn't that great. Just not sure how well any coach will do if they rely on local talent. There's little question Walseth is not a good coach at this point. Time to move on was 2 years ago!

1 word TWIN CITIES

there's at least 20-30 girls yearly that are D1 recruits.... NDSU hasn't had ANY success.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Just think if Klabo would have came to NDSU. The girl from Wahpeton is playing big minutes for SDSU the best team in the Summit. The girl from Eriskine Minnesota is playing big minutes for USD the second best team. Those three could make a very good NDSU team. Didn't I see where Moorhead State is getting recruits that don't even look at NDSU? UND has got 5 of the area's best talent going there next year and their coach is not much better than Walseth.

I think a lot of good recruits stopped coming to SU before Dehoff. A lot of parents had to spend time at the supper table talking about team issues.