Page 83 of 85 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 LastLast

Thread: Catch all Recruiting thread

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Catch all Recruiting thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    She left team and is in the transfer portal.
    Saw this on her IG story the other day, the suddenness of it was surprising. She was immediately dropped from the roster online as well. Hopefully it was just because it was at semester break and not because of some off the court issue, just seems odd she wouldn't at least finish the season. She seemed to have a lot of tools to be solid but needed some skill refinement, apparently didn't want to do that in practice and she just wasn't going to see minutes over Evans, Graham, Abby K or Koenen and with all of those players being sophomores or freshman likely not much room for her to crack the lineup either.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Saw this on her IG story the other day, the suddenness of it was surprising. She was immediately dropped from the roster online as well. Hopefully it was just because it was at semester break and not because of some off the court issue, just seems odd she wouldn't at least finish the season. She seemed to have a lot of tools to be solid but needed some skill refinement, apparently didn't want to do that in practice and she just wasn't going to see minutes over Evans, Graham, Abby K or Koenen and with all of those players being sophomores or freshman likely not much room for her to crack the lineup either.
    One thing I like about Jory he hasn't been shy when speaking about wanting players on the team that want to work, learn, etc and that he knows it's not going to be an environment that suits everyone. It has always sounded to me like he knows he can be hard on his players but it's with a purpose and so far the results have been positive.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    One thing I like about Jory he hasn't been shy when speaking about wanting players on the team that want to work, learn, etc and that he knows it's not going to be an environment that suits everyone. It has always sounded to me like he knows he can be hard on his players but it's with a purpose and so far the results have been positive.
    I finally got to a practice this year to see what he's like and he definitely pushes players hard, calls them out immediately when they make mistakes but instead of just yelling, he immediately coaches them up on what they did wrong and how to do it right and is also very encouraging when players get it right. I LOVE the way he coaches but yes, it won't be everybody's cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    I finally got to a practice this year to see what he's like and he definitely pushes players hard, calls them out immediately when they make mistakes but instead of just yelling, he immediately coaches them up on what they did wrong and how to do it right and is also very encouraging when players get it right. I LOVE the way he coaches but yes, it won't be everybody's cup of tea.
    Agreed, He will get after them but as you said coach them up to be better. He gets this program clicking he will be gone but we have him now and he is doing really well. Still a ways to go but him and the players will get there.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Agreed, He will get after them but as you said coach them up to be better. He gets this program clicking he will be gone but we have him now and he is doing really well. Still a ways to go but him and the players will get there.
    doing really well? Has he been an improvement from the bottom where we were? sure. But I figured this would be his best year and we have been average at best. Maybe it's me but I expected more.

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    doing really well? Has he been an improvement from the bottom where we were? sure. But I figured this would be his best year and we have been average at best. Maybe it's me but I expected more.
    Working in a few freshman and a couple redshirts. Freshman have been really good, Draper is better, Heaven is Heaven along with Evans
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Article on 6’ 2” Jr Jaiden Haile of West Fargo Horace

https://www.inforum.com/sports/prep/...t-jaiden-haile

Eric Peterson
    @FargoBigE
    ·18h

Peyton Hoffman is the daughter of former NDSU women's basketball player Brenda Slyt, who played for the Bison from 2004-2008. #NDSUBison

Mike McFeely
    @McFeely_Inforum

Climax-Fisher eighth-grader Peyton Hoffman surpasses 1,000 career points

https://inforum.com/sports/prep/clim...ium%3Dsharebar

Sophie Hawkinson
    @sophiehawkinson
    Wayzata Basketball, Soccer, & Track - Minnesota Fury 2025 UAA - 4.05 GPA - 2025
    Plymouth, MN

https://x.com/sophiehawkinson/status...091085625?s=20

5’ 8” PG/SG

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ijqhVJ...ature=youtu.be

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Sophie Hawkinson
    @sophiehawkinson
    Wayzata Basketball, Soccer, & Track - Minnesota Fury 2025 UAA - 4.05 GPA - 2025
    Plymouth, MN

https://x.com/sophiehawkinson/status...091085625?s=20

5’ 8” PG/SG

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ijqhVJ...ature=youtu.be
    She can shoot the 3 pretty well. And since these are her sophomore highlights, NDSU guard Abby Krzewinski makes a few appearances on those highlights as well.