Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2013-2014 NCAA attendance leaders

Default Re: 2013-2014 NCAA attendance leaders

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    ButtFargo excuse, not our fault Brookings is a dump.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk
    If Brookings was the size of Fargo, SDSU football and basketball attendance would dwarf NDSU. If Fargo was as nice as Brookings, NDSU enrollment would double.

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    If Brookings was the size of Fargo, SDSU football and basketball attendance would dwarf NDSU. If Fargo was as nice as Brookings, NDSU enrollment would double.

Lol at the football thing. Basketball... Sure. Less than an hour from Sioux Falls no?
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post

I lol'd.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    Lol at the football thing. Basketball... Sure. Less than an hour from Sioux Falls no?
    What does Sioux Falls have to do with anything? The games are in Brookings. Sioux Falls has it's own athletic activities going on with 1 NBADL team, 2 colleges that offer football and basketball, and 4 high schools. Brookings has a population of about 23,000 while Fargo has a population of about 115,000. I sure would hope that NDSU would have better attendance numbers. The attendance for SDSU is pretty solid imo giving the population of Brookings. The SDSU fans in Sioux Falls show up during the conference tournament something that NDSU fans can't say. I think its a little ridiculous how poor the Bison fans turn out is during the tournament. You fill the stands in Frisco but can't even fill half of the arena for a 4 day tournament. Fargo to Sioux Falls is about a 3 hour drive. Fargo to Frisco is about a 15 hour car drive or 3.5 hour plane ride. People from Fargo aren't driving to basketball games that are 1 hour away from Fargo or driving to Fargo if they live a hour away are they?

Quote Originally Posted by SanDakotaState View Post
    What does Sioux Falls have to do with anything? The games are in Brookings. Sioux Falls has it's own athletic activities going on with 1 NBADL team, 2 colleges that offer football and basketball, and 4 high schools. Brookings has a population of about 23,000 while Fargo has a population of about 115,000. I sure would hope that NDSU would have better attendance numbers. The attendance for SDSU is pretty solid imo giving the population of Brookings. The SDSU fans in Sioux Falls show up during the conference tournament something that NDSU fans can't say. I think its a little ridiculous how poor the Bison fans turn out is during the tournament. You fill the stands in Frisco but can't even fill half of the arena for a 4 day tournament. Fargo to Sioux Falls is about a 3 hour drive. Fargo to Frisco is about a 15 hour car drive or 3.5 hour plane ride. People from Fargo aren't driving to basketball games that are 1 hour away from Fargo or driving to Fargo if they live a hour away are they?

blah blah blah blah...did I miss anything?

At least you didn't embarrass yourself trying to explain how the Bison would choke away the SL Title like you tried to do all last season.

Fargo-Moorhead has nine high schools, two other colleges besides NDSU and a USHL team. There is no shortage of stuff going on. Plus the team played in a dump, actually saying that is disrespectful to dumps everywhere. The BSA was beyond a dump.

If the Summit tournament was in Minneapolis there would be tons of Bison fans and we would probably asking where all the SDSU fans at? NDSU fans don't give a damn about Sioux Falls. Very few of our alumni live there and even fewer want to spend four days there. That is the reality and it isn't ever going to change.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Fargo-Moorhead has nine high schools, two other colleges besides NDSU and a USHL team. There is no shortage of stuff going on. Plus the team played in a dump, actually saying that is disrespectful to dumps everywhere. The BSA was beyond a dump.

If the Summit tournament was in Minneapolis there would be tons of Bison fans and we would probably asking where all the SDSU fans at? NDSU fans don't give a damn about Sioux Falls. Very few of our alumni live there and even fewer want to spend four days there. That is the reality and it isn't ever going to change.
    Like i said before Fargo is 4x as big as Brookings. People who live 1+ hours away aren't going to drive to Frost twice a week. It's just the way it is. Nothing is wrong with SDSU's attendance numbers (except for some football games, but they do play outside so weather is a factor). Still one of the top teams in the Summit in terms of attendance in a pretty mediocre arena but great atmosphere. As far as the scenario of having the tournament in the twin cities and SDSU fans not showing up, no one will ever know. SDSU has been lucky enough to have the tournament in their backyard since becoming eligible. Just saying people who are making fun of SDSU attendance numbers are reaching pretty hard. Sorry SDSU didn't get 1st in that?

Fact: NDSU has more fans in SF for the tournament than SDSU would have if the tournament was in Fargo.
    Sent from somewhere using my Windows Phone.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Like i said before Fargo is 4x as big as Brookings. People who live 1+ hours away aren't going to drive to Frost twice a week. It's just the way it is. Nothing is wrong with SDSU's attendance numbers (except for some football games, but they do play outside so weather is a factor). Still one of the top teams in the Summit in terms of attendance in a pretty mediocre arena but great atmosphere. As far as the scenario of having the tournament in the twin cities and SDSU fans not showing up, no one will ever know. SDSU has been lucky enough to have the tournament in their backyard since becoming eligible. Just saying people who are making fun of SDSU attendance numbers are reaching pretty hard. Sorry SDSU didn't get 1st in that?
    Well I have never ripped SDSU for their basketball attendance, you guys certainly do well. I'm guessing a few blustery crappy days can really limit attendance from those that don't live in Brookings. I certainly wouldn't want to drive an hour in the crappy winter weather if I didn't have to.

As for the my Twin Cities point, that is an NDSU alumni hub. The last time I was at a NDSU basketball game there, we had like 12k fans there. I think part of the issue is that getting Bison fans to go to SF is tough, it is like taking a vacation to Fargo. We don't have a lot of alumni living there, so it isn't like we have this huge base of fans that doesn't have to make a four day trip of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    Fact: NDSU has more fans in SF for the tournament than SDSU would have if the tournament was in Fargo.
    Sent from somewhere using my Windows Phone.
    That an assumption. Can't prove that buddy.