Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2013-2014 NCAA attendance leaders

Default Re: 2013-2014 NCAA attendance leaders

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    As someone who has actually attended the SLT, I would estimate average Bison attendance at maybe 200. You honestly think less than 200 SDSU fans would show up in Fargo for a 4 day basketball tournament?

I think you guys may be underestimating how pathetic your attendance has been in Sioux Falls... I'd love to hear an argument otherwise.
    Attendance was better this last season, I'd say 500-750 the first game and closer to 1500 for the champ. While not great but certainly not 200.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

As someone who has actually attended the SLT, I would estimate average Bison attendance at maybe 200. You honestly think less than 200 SDSU fans would show up in Fargo for a 4 day basketball tournament?

I think you guys may be underestimating how pathetic your attendance has been in Sioux Falls... I'd love to hear an argument otherwise.

I think you may want to revise your estimate.

Also, there's a huge difference between at most a 45 minute drive and a 3.5 hour drive, especially since the state of South Dakota doesn't seem to have the wherewithal to keep the interstate plowed and in good condition. I do think that your fan base would travel some for a four day tournament in Fargo, but until I see them travel well to, well anything farther than the closest city with a mall, I'll stand by my statement.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Attendance was better this last season, I'd say 500-750 the first game and closer to 1500 for the champ. While not great but certainly not 200.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk
    Are we counting only years the Bison win the regular season title? Then I agree with your numbers. Otherwise, you are greatly overestimating the average number of Bison fans in attendance at the Summit League Tournament.

Another way of looking at it is that there were more SDSU fans that showed up for IPFW/IUPUI last year than Bison fans for the championship. But they only had to drive 45 minutes...

Are we counting only years the Bison win the regular season title? Then I agree with your numbers. Otherwise, you are greatly overestimating the average number of Bison fans in attendance at the Summit League Tournament.

Another way of looking at it is that there were more SDSU fans that showed up for IPFW/IUPUI last year than Bison fans for the championship. But they only had to drive 45 minutes...
    Many bunny fans live in Sioux Falls would be my guess