Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: TrayVonn Wright and Taylor Braun - European Pro Basketball

Default Re: TrayVonn Wright and Taylor Braun - European Pro Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by devin45k View Post
    That's the hardest part about playing a sport overseas I am guessing. The competition is still tough but the mental aspect would be pretty hard.

As long as you still have a passion for the sport. You can't knock someone making a living doing what they love.
    http://saltlakecity.gleague.nba.com/...tice-schedule/

Jazz G League affiliate announce their roster. Looks like Braun and Wolters will be playing together, which will be fun to watch. I recall a tweet this summer which both Nate and Taylor replied stating that the season overseas is way too long and that it needed to be shortened up. I think both are going to be pretty happy to be home.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksfan29 View Post

Jazz G League affiliate announce their roster. Looks like Braun and Wolters will be playing together, which will be fun to watch. I recall a tweet this summer which both Nate and Taylor replied stating that the season overseas is way too long and that it needed to be shortened up. I think both are going to be pretty happy to be home.
    Hardly one to nitpic, but, I believe it's referred to as the D League......which stands for the Developmental League. Sioux Falls' team is known as the Skyforce. G League???? As in G string ?? ......players play in G strings????

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Hardly one to nitpic, but, I believe it's referred to as the D League......which stands for the Developmental League. Sioux Falls' team is known as the Skyforce. G League???? As in G string ?? ......players play in G strings????
    The D league is now the G League (sponsored be Gatorade)...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_G_League
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by jacksfan29 View Post

I would assume you get paid much better in Europe. G League is not much.

bisonfan08 is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    I would assume you get paid much better in Europe. G League is not much.
    Typically yes, if you are one of the 2 players on an NBA roster with a 2 way contract you can make between $50-75K and bounce back and force between the NBA and G-League as needed due to injuries and such. Otherwise G-League players make either $19K or $26K for the 6 month season...basically minimum wage, so while you're in front of the NBA front office daily the pay while in the league is awful compared to some of the higher leagues in Europe these guys could be in.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Typically yes, if you are one of the 2 players on an NBA roster with a 2 way contract you can make between $50-75K and bounce back and force between the NBA and G-League as needed due to injuries and such. Otherwise G-League players make either $19K or $26K for the 6 month season...basically minimum wage, so while you're in front of the NBA front office daily the pay while in the league is awful compared to some of the higher leagues in Europe these guys could be in.
    I am very surprised these guys are doing the G league for this reason. With that said, I heard from a solid source the Wolters was miserable in Turkey last year. Can't put a price on happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Can't put a price on happiness.
    Usually it's more than half and they keep the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of a Bison View Post
    Usually it's more than half and they keep the house.
    I know too well.......But it is worth it.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    If Wolter's spends the full 45 with the Jazz he will make around $279,000. He earns $75,000 in salary from the G league and earns the per game rookie when called up. The two days he was active with the Jazz to start the season were "bonus" days not counted in the 45. I think his contract in Serbia last year was around $250,000. Braun is a different story. He does have one of 4 Jazz affiliated roster spots with the Stars which means he can sign a 10 day with any of the 30 NBA teams but getting a 10 day is getting harder now that the league have 2 way contracts. If Braun can earn a 2 way for next season he could be earning much more then he did playing in the lower European (Europcup) league last year. If I were Braun I would take the chance. He's good enough to earn a 2 way contract.

G League
    The player’s pay comes on a tiered salary system, which can last one or two seasons. While in the G-League, the player will make $75,000. It’s a significant increase from the current pay structure for G-Leaguers, who cannot make more than $26,000 with a one-way G-League deal.

When in the NBA, a player with a two-way contract will accrue a day of service and make money consistent with an NBA rookie minimum, which is about $816,000 next season. If a player spends 45 days in the NBA, he could make around $204,000.

In total, a two-way player who spends the maximum amount of time in the NBA would make $279,000