Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New NCAA Governance

Default Re: New NCAA Goverance

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Obviously they're terrified of anything with a wiff of employer-employee about it, though it's only a matter of time before that facade comes down no matter what they do about cost of attendance.
    Audit, one issue that is being completely overlooked by the press on this was that it was the NLRB that decided there is an employee/employer relationship which is what led to the Northwestern vote. However, I'd think that ruling is potentially null and void since Obama just lost his Supreme Court case on NLRB appointees. Good chance decisions made by his recess appointees are struck down.

Interesting to see where this goes; I don't really know what to think of all this.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Audit, one issue that is being completely overlooked by the press on this was that it was the NLRB that decided there is an employee/employer relationship which is what led to the Northwestern vote. However, I'd think that ruling is potentially null and void since Obama just lost his Supreme Court case on NLRB appointees. Good chance decisions made by his recess appointees are struck down.

Interesting to see where this goes; I don't really know what to think of all this.
    The initial decision on Northwestern's players unionizing was made at the regional level. The national board is still soliciting briefs, they haven't heard the case yet so the Supreme Court ruling doesn't affect it. In any event the expectation is that nearly all of the rulings made while the recess appointees were on the board will be upheld by the new board membership.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    The initial decision on Northwestern's players unionizing was made at the regional level. The national board is still soliciting briefs, they haven't heard the case yet so the Supreme Court ruling doesn't affect it. In any event the expectation is that nearly all of the rulings made while the recess appointees were on the board will be upheld by the new board membership.
    I agree on that as the Senate changed the confirmation rules. I was not aware it was a regional decision. Thank you for that info; it would be nice if reporters would fill in that level of detail.

NCAA lets top athletic conferences create own rules...

http://www.inforum.com/content/ncaa-...eate-own-rules
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Wondering where the announcement is that the Big Sky is going FBS? The oracle (Star2Shitty/SueVolley) said it was so...
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    Wondering where the announcement is that the Big Sky is going FBS? The oracle (Star2Shitty/SueVolley) said it was so...
    The Big Sky is going right to the NFL according to that moron.

Well this sucks
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Bill Snyder nails it....

Bill Snyder was planning to talk about Kansas State's upcoming season Wednesday, but instead took the opportunity to criticize college athletics and says universities have "sold out."

According to the Associated Press, the 74-year-old Snyder said, "We're all about dollars and cents. The concept of college football no longer has any bearing on the quality of the person, the quality of students. Universities are selling themselves out."

Snyder, who has won 178 games in 22 seasons as the Wildcats coach, said education has become a second thought.

"It's no longer about education," Snyder said. "We've sold out to the cameras over there, and TV has made its way, and I don't fault TV. I don't fault whoever broadcasts games. They have to make a living and that's what they do, but athletics -- that's it. It's sold out."
    http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...-have-sold-out

Fergusfalls paper brings up NDSU in their article http://www.fergusfallsjournal.com/20...s-in-the-dust/
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Fergusfalls paper brings up NDSU in their article http://www.fergusfallsjournal.com/20...s-in-the-dust/
    A "slippery sloop" indeed.