Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Confidence for ISU Game

Default Re: Team Confidence for ISU Game

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    You guys have plenty of reason to be confident. Us, not so much. Yet, despite never having any great years and often getting beaten badly, we still play with a swagger of confidence. My childhood as a Cubs fan prepared me well to be a Cyclone fan!
    Oh my, you really don't know much about winning
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Oh my, you really don't know much about winning

At least Iowa State has helped me get over my dislike of the color cardinal red!

I was at Wrigley Field in 1984 for the playoffs . . . and still have my "Next Year is Here" t-shirt . . . before we blew it against the Padres.

. My childhood as a Cubs fan prepared me well to be a Cyclone fan!

That explains everything. You poor bastard.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Smile Re: Team Confidence for ISU Game

You guys have plenty of reason to be confident. Us, not so much. Yet, despite never having any great years and often getting beaten badly, we still play with a swagger of confidence. My childhood as a Cubs fan prepared me well to be a Cyclone fan!
    It's a wonder you don't hate sports.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    There is a difference in--

Expecting to win
    Playing to win
    and playing not to lose

This here!!

It will be a good game. Funny thing is that if NDSU was at 85 scholliles, this game would be a massacre.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quite a few of us here are Vikes fans and have endured as much soul torture as Cub fans. I expect nothing but letdowns anymore yet still like them somehow. Maybe we are sick in the head

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Quite a few of us here are Vikes fans and have endured as much soul torture as Cub fans. I expect nothing but letdowns anymore yet still like them somehow. Maybe we are sick in the head
    Yeah...but thats the thing. As a vikings fan I expect to be let down. Being a Bison fan is way different. Its a different attitude. A different mentality. Im guessing its not just with us fans, but with the players and program too.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Hope our new O-Line dont commit too many foul starts.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Since NDSU went D1 I only watch football on Saturdays.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    Yeah...but thats the thing. As a vikings fan I expect to be let down. Being a Bison fan is way different. Its a different attitude. A different mentality. Im guessing its not just with us fans, but with the players and program too.
    True story.

Two weeks ago I had to fly to northern Wisconsin on business. I was picked up at the airport by my client who was wearing a yellow Green Bay Packer cap and a green GBP t-shirt. It was only 46 F so I had a Bison pull over on in green and yellow.

My colleague noticed my pull over and commented that the colors reminded him of the the GBP colors. We then proceeded to talk about ESPN College GameDay coming to Fargo and Desmond Howard's comments about the "buzz", which he had seen and enjoyed. He then asked me this:

"Do you know why North Dakota does not have a pro football team?"

I said no.

"Because if they did Minnesota would want one".

I had a tremendous belly laugh.