Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Please THINK HARD about wanting to go FBS after reading this.

donnbryantNDSU Guest

Default Please THINK HARD about wanting to go FBS after reading this.

http://www.vavel.com/en-us/ncaa/coll...cs-to-fbs.html

First and foremost, I apologize for the FBS thread, number infinity on this forum to count now. But maybe this will slow down some of the overly enthused and bring us back to earth a bit.

Rather lengthy article, but I think is an amazing read. This is about the last 10 years of FCS schools transferring to the FBS level.. Tons of great facts and examples in this... 1 pill i had to swallow is the fact that FBS schools are overall better than FCS schools. Yes that's including Iowa St. As much as I really hate to admit they are better than us. Don't get me wrong they are arrogant ass mother*******. and have a rather inferior football program to speak of in the grand scheme of things, they are FBS, and from the looks of it, its pretty damn hard to play in the FBS. None of these schools mentioned in the article are in the big 5 conferences.

In all, this school is having major success right now.. Nothing would make me happier than to move to the highest level to compete... Maybe we will get that chance one day, time will tell.. I just think as a fan base we need to pump the brakes just a little bit. But of course, still enjoy in the success we have now and let's see where the chips fall. I think the best thing for NDSU to do is to wait 4-5 years to see how Georgia Southern and App State do. All of those colleges in the article above, didn't really have the greatest success in the FCS for the most point.. Let's see how two of the best fare right now in the FBS for a bit, then NDSU decide on what the next move is..

That is all.

Default Re: Please THINK HARD about wanting to go FBS after reading this.

But you guys went 15-0, beat Kansas state, game day went to Fargo, and Scottietohottie said "we could beat any fbs team" so that being said you guys should have no problem #bisonlogic

Blah blah blah..........those schools are not NDSU. I am still 100% for a move up to FBS if the conditions are right.........and NDSU should be doing everything possible to position football for a move to FBS (or equivalent) in the next 5 to 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Blah blah blah..........those schools are not NDSU. I am still 100% for a move up to FBS if the conditions are right.........and NDSU should be doing everything possible to position football for a move to FBS (or equivalent) in the next 5 to 10 years.
    #bisonlogic

donnbryantNDSU Guest

Everything you just said is the reason I started the thread... NDSU should position themselves for a possible move in 5-10, yeah sure that's great.. How much do you wanna bet , GSU and App. State are thinking right now that all their success warrants them to play with the big boys now... Give it 4-5 years, see if they have a really successful year, or even a couple successful seasons for that matter.. After all they were kings of the FCS in their respective times. Right now those are our peer institutions, we are one of so few schools who have achieved the success they have at this level. If they fall flat on their faces for 4-10 years then what will that say about us??

Are we just an anomaly and the greatest thing since the wheel was invented? Then I say 100% full speed ahead, but everyone needs to Pump. The. Brakes.

donnbryantNDSU Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddykane View Post
    But you guys went 15-0, beat Kansas state, game day went to Fargo, and Scottietohottie said "we could beat any fbs team" so that being said you guys should have no problem #bisonlogic
    Love the sarcasm BDK. Everything you mentioned is nice and was a lot of fun to experience. But it's just a drop in the bucket of what needs to happen if NDSU wants to move up to FBS.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddykane View Post
    I also think last years football team could beat this years German soccer team in soccer.

Lardsin must go!

The article has no bearing on my opinion. None of tho's teams had a tradition in the same ballpark as ndsu. None of them made it the norm to best FBS teams. None of these teams have a home field advantage like the dome. I'm more interested to see what GSA and Appalachian do.They should have looked at Marshall who moved up and won the mac 5 out of 6 years

Good example.
    They said UMASS was terrible. Yes but they failed to mention their last season in the CAA they finished in last place. Georgia State? they lost to cal poly by 30. Texas State won 4 games their last year as an FCS team! Even Western Kentucky is a bad example. They won the National Championship in 2002 but calling them a power house is a bad exageration since they played in the ovc and we're 5 years removed from the national championships and went through 3 different coaching staffs and changed systems

NOT saying we should move up but make no mistake we are way better than those teams.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

You are seriously going to compare NDSU football to that group of misfits and vagabonds? Please don't insult me. Other than a legitimate Georgia Southern and App St, you have terrible teams and fanbases. You have little or no history of success at any level, no expectations for winning, and the desire to be big time with no substance.

I'll give you GSo, App, and ODU, but don't insult my intelligence by comparing NDSU to that group of misfits. You could declare tomorrow and easily hit the 95th percentile with that group. Sorry, but that's a low bar.

^^^^^^^^^ This^^^^^
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."