Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Summit Exit Fee

Default Re: Summit Exit Fee

Congrats. UND was the lynch pin to the Big Sky landing Potato Tech.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    As far at the Summit raising its exit fee: One mee-e-e-e-ellion dollars? </ Dr. Evil > Seems pretty much like a lock down or lock in for current Summit membership.
    That was my thought. Like locking the door to a somewhat shitty party so no one leaves, yet no one can or will want to join in either.

Why not take steps to better the conference and become inviting to possibly new members and to encourage current members to stay rather than paddlelocking in the current members so they can't or won't (for financial reasons) leave.

Just seems odd to me . . . like someone is scared of something.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Why not take steps to better the conference and become inviting to possibly new members and to encourage current members to stay rather than paddlelocking in the current members so they can't or won't (for financial reasons) leave.

Just seems odd to me . . . like someone is scared of something.
    This!! I have thought about it, maybe the Summit is trying to expand, bring in some new teams. If thats the case, I am all for the exit fee hike... if it is just to try and keep teams from doing and Oral Roberts.. it is put in for the wrong reason.

$1 million aint what it used to be. Remember when FB game buyouts were $100k???

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    $1 million aint what it used to be. Remember when FB game buyouts were $100k???
    Pretty soon the ncaa will be part of the G8

Just doing a little research and this is what i found for other "mid-major" exit fees:

Colonial- 1million
    SoCon- 1 million
    Summit- 1 million
    A-10- 2million
    MAC- 2.5 million
    Atlantic Sun- 200,000
    WAC- 900,000
    OVC- at least 500,000

If anything I think raising the exit fee in the Summit will increase the stability of the conference. It won't scare off any potential members. If you want to improve the league you have to make these types of changes.

I knew he wouldn't let me down:

So the Summit League is awfully fearful that NDSU and SDSU will jump to the Big Sky so they can become FBS too. Tom Douple can't sleep because of worry, while Johnnyboy dozes off.

Thought bizon fans were so sure the UND wanted in the Slummit. Guess Bresciani wants in the Big Sky, which is why Taylor left.

The Summit will survive be taking Chicago St and UMKC from the WAC, The WAC will take schools like S Utah, Idaho St, N Colo, and maybe Weber St that will not move to FBS.

Look, there are probably 3 reasons to raise your exit fee.

1. You haven't raised it in awhile and you look around and see yours is the lowest around. You raise it to bring it in line with the average before forgetting it again for a bunch of years.

2. One or more of your members is getting ready to bolt and you want them to have second thoughts. If that fails, at least you get some coin out of it.

3. You're either in discussions with, or are targeting, a potential member that is worried about your ongoing stability. Your members unanimously raise the exit fee as a message of stability.

I like to think it's #3. We all know the Summit is looking for at least one more member to get to 10, or three new members to get to 12. Douple has indicated he's been in contact with at least a half dozen schools that want to join, but most of them are currently DII or are in the new WAC. In short, choices of last resort. There have been some quiet rumblings that we've been pursuing a long-time DI member from an established conference. This move could be part of that wooing.

On the other hand, SanDakota's post shows that the Summit's previous exit fee was way below average in this age of conference shuffles. This might well have been only a housekeeping move.

The second reason from the list is certainly possible. I tend to doubt it's the case here, but it could be. If it was the case, I'd be looking in Denver's direction first, then I guess it could be us and SDSU, or maybe UNO. If the third reason is the case, I hope we're the reason. Cause I doubt the talks we'd be having in that case would be with the Big Sky.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    I knew he wouldn't let me down:
    I wonder what the Connect-The-Dots puzzle on the back of, say, a Olive Garden children's placemat looks like when star2city tries to solve it?

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I wonder what the Connect-The-Dots puzzle on the back of, say, a Olive Garden children's placemat looks like when star2city tries to solve it?
    Does that moron even realize that SDSU and USD are in MVFC/Summit? WTF planet does he live on?