Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Summit Exit Fee

Default Re: Summit Exit Fee

Quote Originally Posted by Loud and Proud Bison fan View Post
    I wish they would have taken us instead. The Summit is really not that great of a conference. We basically are in it, b/c there was no where else to go after the move from the Great West. The only teams in are other schools that move up from D-2. The conference really has no identity or geographic similarities.. its all just cast offs.

1 school from North Dakota
    2 from South Dakota
    2 from Indiana
    1 from Illinois
    1 from Oklahoma
    1 from Colorado
    1 from Nebraska

Lets be honest.. no Bison fans are going to travel to 3/4 of those states for any kind of game.
    Heh, are you seeing if you can get somebody to bite? The Summit has three schools that are easier to get to than any MVC school or am I missing something?

I don't see any Bison fan driving to any MVC game other than UNI (and even that's a long way from Fargo.)

I wish they would have taken us instead. The Summit is really not that great of a conference. We basically are in it, b/c there was no where else to go after the move from the Great West. The only teams in are other schools that move up from D-2. The conference really has no identity or geographic similarities.. its all just cast offs.
    We moved from the Great West to the Summit? I must have missed that one.

533 In a row

Trim is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    We moved from the Great West to the Summit? I must have missed that one.
    Probably because you're such a bandwagon fan.
    "I'll whoop your ass boy!" -Ron Hunter

Atleast there is some kind of a rivalry there, and people can relate to those schools. What can you tell me about University of Denver or UNO.. other than they play _nd in hockey. And UNO had to fight like heck to get to D-1 status because there were laws in Nebraska prohibiiting any other D-1 school other than Big Red to be D-1. What I am getting at is, no schools in the this conference have tradition, or relevance on any stage. The conference barely has enough teams to make auto-qualifiers for NCAA... and that is the only only reasons Oral Roberts is back.

If you feel the need to call me a bandwagon fan.. go for it. I am. But staying in this conference is not going to get people to be loyal fans.

Ok, I will shut up and be happy now.. that was my lil rant and I am done.

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If you feel the need to call me a bandwagon fan.. go for it. I am. But staying in this conference is not going to get people to be loyal fans.

Ok, I will shut up and be happy now.. that was my lil rant and I am done.
    I think Trim was teasing Roadwarrier...I would welcome UMKC back, and would be open to Northern Colorado or North Dakota.

I see this as a positive move. We just got Oral Bob back in the conference and now that the exit fee is $1M, they aren't going anywhere soon. I think that Douple and others understand that we have a good core of schools and if we can add a few more pieces to the puzzle over the next few years the Summit might be in the conversation as a top rated mid-major conference.

top-rate mid-major?

how about just mid-major or solid mid-major.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Mayville Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Thinking about it from another angle - could this be the start of a decent TV contract? With a higher exit fee in place, that means the league should be relatively stable which is what any TV deal needs. They aren't going to want to be stuck in a deal if they know are always asking is "so-and-so" going to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    Big Sky exit fee is $0 for un_... Just sayin'
    'tanka: You are not wrong; however, if UND had left the BSC before July 2014 it would have cost the BSC $500,000 in revenue and two (Idaho, UND) of the three highest academically ranked members (UC-Davis, Idaho, UND). Not a direct exit fee to UND, but a pretty high price for the BSC. I'm thinking the BSC was happy UND was in the BSC this month.

From the U of Idaho's agreement to join the BSC:
    Upon acceptance of this memoradum the University of Idaho shall immediately deposit 50% of $250,000 entry fee with the Big Sky conference. This entry fee is non-refundable. The only exception shall be, should there be a significant loss of membership by the Big Sky Conference prior to July 1, 2014, the University of Idaho may notify the league of its intention not to join the league and the deposit will be refunded. A significant loss of members would be defined as the loss of any or all of the following institutions from the Big Sky Conference: the University of Montana, Montana State University, or the University or North Dakota. The remaining 50% is due July 1, 2014.
    As far at the Summit raising its exit fee: One mee-e-e-e-ellion dollars? </ Dr. Evil > Seems pretty much like a lock down or lock in for current Summit membership.