Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: No FBS Game in 2015?

Default Re: No FBS Game in 2015?

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFan02 View Post
    Driving....by way of Rugby on HWY 2.....think it takes about the same amount of time....maybe a little bit shorter. Amtrak is cheap too for a train adventure!
    Drive and take the trailer. Hell of a road trip.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

BisonFan02 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Drive and take the trailer. Hell of a road trip.
    I think the plan is to make a mini vacation out of it for the year with stops at Glacier and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFan02 View Post
    Driving....by way of Rugby on HWY 2.....
    RUGBY? Why would anyone want to go to Rugby???

BisonFan02 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    Hey now! Be nice.....

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    BisonFan02, she is nice...usually.

This time though she doesnt understand.."Rugby".

Its a sport where the guys all put on the same type and color of shirt, then take the field against another team of guys in matching shirts, then they butt heads(better then "heading butts"), hand-in-hand, and some apparently are into leather, as they fight over a pigskin.

Then a few guys who appear to be convicts, since they are dressed in striped shirts, try to keep order by running into the pile of humanity blowing whistles, which does get them to stop.
    Trouble is, once those convicts walk away, it starts all over again??

Weird game..I'll stick to American Football myself, not to be confused with Soccer.

Being that it is already July of 2014, I think you can pretty much gaurantee that there will be no FBS game in 2015. These games are scheduled years in advance. Unless we get a mediocre MAC or other lower conference team; I don't see it happening, which is ok I guess. I would love for us to go down and play either App St. or GA Sourthern; that would be awesome! I think that with an FCS road game at Montana already on the schedule; the new AD will schedule a 6th home game. That formula is the one that works. Let's fill it up quickly, and from a team not from up north.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by thundarsdaddy View Post
    This time though she doesnt understand.."Rugby".
    Oh sure, after reading that novel, I completely understand why ppl would want to go there!?!

And now we can return you to the regularly scheduled show....I dont give a **** who they schedule in 2015, a wins a win!!!

Our budget, success, or ability does not hinge on playing a FBS opponent. How many people can make the Montana AND a FBS trip? It's not going to be life or death if no FBS game.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Most MAC teams don't want to play us and those that do might not pay a big enough guarantee to make it worthwhile.
    Exactly. Big difference between Iowa paying is a half million vs a MAC school paying 200K. Plus the MAC game will probably go untelevised so nobody will notice when we beat them. I remember when we beat Ball State it wasn't televised anywhere and I listened to Scotty Miller. It didn't even get a mention on sportscenter. Same with Western Michigan. Not televised. Radio only.

Playing Montana will get better TV coverage than MAC schools and will really help out both programs looking for good games. It may not get sportscenter coverage but the entire fcs world will pay close attention

Need games with tv coverage that people actually watch. Kstate and Iowa State are home runs

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com