Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 14 To Watch in 2014

Default Re: 14 To Watch in 2014

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    So, why wouldn't you release him. Making an example? Could this backfire?
    I would venture to guess either gives them time to talk him into staying, come up with terms for his release (makes him sound like a criminal), or make an example of him so this doesn't break down the flood walls for a bunch of kids to drop from the program.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    Is Austin Farnlof healthy?
    Yes he's ready to go but like Tanguay he's new so we don't know what to expect, but I'm hopeful. Very talented but knee injury could have set him back. Maybe not

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Have we confirmed that? I'm looking all over and they say he wants to leave but no word on if there's any resistance.

If he wanted to leave and there was no resistance, would he still be there?
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    If he wanted to leave and there was no resistance, would he still be there?
    Likely not but all I can find is that he left the team on Friday.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Likely not but all I can find is that he left the team on Friday.
    Here are a few links I found that says that he left last Friday. I think it would be tough to beat UNI on a guy from Cedar Rapids that wants to be closer to home.

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyomi...452edb9e7.html

http://thegazette.com/subject/sports...oming-20140710

He (Vega) in the second link said that he doesn't know if he has been released from his scholarship yet so the bashing of Bohl and Wyoming is without any proof.

Dewey
    Last edited by dewey; 07-15-2014 at 05:51 PM.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    More issues on the DL than the OL currently. Health. Vega wants to be released from and FBS school, so he can talk to FCS schools....and they won't.
    Are there currently other health issues besides Schaetz? Depth will definitely get tested this year because there are always injuries during the season on D-lines

Quote Originally Posted by dewey View Post
    Here are a few links I found that says that he left last Friday. I think it would be tough to beat UNI on a guy from Cedar Rapids that wants to be closer to home.

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyomi...452edb9e7.html

http://thegazette.com/subject/sports...oming-20140710

He (Vega) in the second link said that he doesn't know if he has been released from his scholarship yet so the bashing of Bohl and Wyoming is without any proof.

Dewey
    Didn't I read that he followed the NDSU offer to Wyoming so at least it seemed like a possibility?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    That would be great. I just hope we can run the ball and our defense can keep us in games because there will definitley be a few struggles. To me the goal is to get in the playofffs and by then the players with less experience have had a chance to improve.....anything can happen then.
    Agree for the most part, but really the goal should be to get that #1 or #2 seed. Going through Fargo has been futile for the teams of the last 3 years. So they win the conference, show well against the Clowns (and possibly beat them)...ya never know. What we do know is that winning in the FargoDome has been very tough as of late.

Boils down to the line play this year...we've not had this many question marks on both lines like this in how many years?

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TateMosersneighbor View Post
    Agree for the most part, but really the goal should be to get that #1 or #2 seed. Going through Fargo has been futile for the teams of the last 3 years. So they win the conference, show well against the Clowns (and possibly beat them)...ya never know. What we do know is that winning in the FargoDome has been very tough as of late.

Boils down to the line play this year...we've not had this many question marks on both lines like this in how many years?
    I agree. Football games are won in the trenches. The biggest reason were successful the past three seasons is that we constantly won the line of scrimmage. Offensively, give Wentz time and he will be successful. Open holes for the backs and we will run the football. On D, hold teams to 3ypc like we did last year and we can start talking about a 4 peat. The performance of our O and D lines imo are going to determine how successful we will be this season....6+ weeks till football season!!

#13 Andrew Bonnet