Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Sagarin Says

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default 2017 Sagarin Says

Preseason Sagarin ratings are out, and the Bison are listed at #48, the highest ranking for an FCS team.

Other FCS schools in the top 100:
    76 SDSU
    87 James Madison
    88 Youngstown
    91 UNI
    93 Wofford
    98 Jacksonville State

Others that may be of interest:
    81 Wyoming
    113 Eastern Washington
    121 UND

Default Re: 2017 Sagarin Says

I keep wondering about JMU and SDSU. Losing Abdullah is major as he was Taiwain Jones in the 2nd half of the 2010 EWU game unstoppable for us. They have a lot of swagger coming into this year, is it legit?

I think SDSU will always be held back, either by the ghost of NDSU or by Stig. We clearly showed we could bleed last year, but are we human?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBison View Post
    Preseason Sagarin ratings are out, and the Bison are listed at #48, the highest ranking for an FCS team.

Other FCS schools in the top 100:
    76 SDSU
    87 James Madison
    88 Youngstown
    91 UNI
    93 Wofford
    98 Jacksonville State

Others that may be of interest:
    81 Wyoming
    113 Eastern Washington
    121 UND
    Tulane is 125.....I hope our commit who was just offered notices this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I keep wondering about JMU and SDSU. Losing Abdullah is major as he was Taiwain Jones in the 2nd half of the 2010 EWU game unstoppable for us. They have a lot of swagger coming into this year, is it legit?

I think SDSU will always be held back, either by the ghost of NDSU or by Stig. We clearly showed we could bleed last year, but are we human?
    You mean Taiwan Jones in the first half. Taiwan I think broke his foot in the first half or right away after half time and didn't play much.

You can tell it's still valuing our win over Iowa. It would have been interesting to see where we would have finished had we won another title. We were close to getting ranked after the Iowa win, winning out might have been our chance.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    You mean Taiwan Jones in the first half. Taiwan I think broke his foot in the first half or right away after half time and didn't play much.

You can tell it's still valuing our win over Iowa. It would have been interesting to see where we would have finished had we won another title. We were close to getting ranked after the Iowa win, winning out might have been our chance.
    damnit. I've mostly blocked that shit out.

I was wondering why we were still so high. I'm not a math person so these statistical analyses still spellbind me.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyone recall what our highest sagarin rating was?

Off top of my head, it was like 18 or 19 after 2013 season which I think all would agree may be greatest Bison team of all time. (Love to joke that team was so good, that Carson Wentz was our backup QB.)

Quote Originally Posted by eman View Post
    Anyone recall what our highest sagarin rating was?
    I want to #17 after the 2013 season.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    damnit. I've mostly blocked that shit out.

I was wondering why we were still so high. I'm not a math person so these statistical analyses still spellbind me.
    That and JMU were the only times during our run that someone was "as advertised". Maybe Tre Roberson on that list too. I mean how many players have we heard hyped up "you've never seen anyone like him!" as we hold them to 1.2ypc or something. It's seriously an endless list.

I don't really understand the ins and outs of it myself, but I've heard audit and others mention it includes last years data until week ~6 I think. I believe we will fall most of the season as we don't have an FBS team on the schedule ranked in the top 15 this year. I believe the only way we can help ourselves is if we consistently beat the prediction, but I'm not entirely sure how that all interconnects.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Off top of my head, it was like 18 or 19 after 2013 season which I think all would agree may be greatest Bison team of all time. (Love to joke that team was so good, that Carson Wentz was our backup QB.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I want to #17 after the 2013 season.
    I think you guys are right.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    That and JMU were the only times during our run that someone was "as advertised". Maybe Tre Roberson on that list too. I mean how many players have we heard hyped up "you've never seen anyone like him!" as we hold them to 1.2ypc or something. It's seriously an endless list.

I don't really understand the ins and outs of it myself, but I've heard audit and others mention it includes last years data until week ~6 I think. I believe we will fall most of the season as we don't have an FBS team on the schedule ranked in the top 15 this year. I believe the only way we can help ourselves is if we consistently beat the prediction, but I'm not entirely sure how that all interconnects.

I think you guys are right.
    I would say the best bet for NDSU to move up during the season is for the Bison to beat each team decisively and for the teams they beat like EWU and UNI to beat their FBS opponents (Texas Tech and Iowa State respectively).
    Hail the BISON!!!