Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Verbal: Ben Ellefson

Default Re: 2015 Verbal: Ben Ellefson

Quote Originally Posted by acf2 View Post
    Does anyone know is Purdue is offering a full or just a partial?
    FBS schools only offer full scholarships.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    FBS schools only offer full scholarships.
    Oh ok, well now I know! Thanks.

It is situations like this that in the future really concern me with how we can compete. If the Big 5 go to full cost reimbursement, then we are not even going to be able to offer the same money wise. It won't even be a option. Then if they decide to allow themselves to offer more schollies it could get real interesting. They don't want to see any sort of parity with the Big 5 and the next level. We have been lucky that we have been able to compete at that next level basically getting MAC, Sunbbelt athletes all while even a level below that. It could get interesting in the future. The thing they can't take from us though is our history and tradition.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    It is situations like this that in the future really concern me with how we can compete. If the Big 5 go to full cost reimbursement, then we are not even going to be able to offer the same money wise. It won't even be a option. Then if they decide to allow themselves to offer more schollies it could get real interesting. They don't want to see any sort of parity with the Big 5 and the next level. We have been lucky that we have been able to compete at that next level basically getting MAC, Sunbbelt athletes all while even a level below that. It could get interesting in the future. The thing they can't take from us though is our history and tradition.
    I don't understand how they think that they can gobble up the recruiting pool for themselves because A) there are too many good football players out there B) they are already at 80 scholarships. How many more can they offer and people expect to get any reasonable amount of playing time. I haven't been in a recruit situation but I know for sure that if a power 5 school with some ridiculously huge roster full of lots of bench warmers came calling and I didn't think I had an excellent chance of seeing much action I would tell them to take a hike

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    I don't understand how they think that they can gobble up the recruiting pool for themselves because A) there are too many good football players out there B) they are already at 80 scholarships. How many more can they offer and people expect to get any reasonable amount of playing time. I haven't been in a recruit situation but I know for sure that if a power 5 school with some ridiculously huge roster full of lots of bench warmers came calling and I didn't think I had an excellent chance of seeing much action I would tell them to take a hike
    And you would be an exception to the rule. Every kid that gets offered by a P5 school thinks he will get playing time.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU_grad View Post
    And you would be an exception to the rule. Every kid that gets offered by a P5 school thinks he will get playing time.
    Currently yes. But adding more? I just think that somewhere along the line their greed catches up with them

Historically it was worse there wasn't an 85 limit, the richer schools ie., Texas etc would have 115 or more to keep their competition from getting them and now with TV money they would all easily go to 100 just to have the depth they all want.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU_grad View Post
    Agreed.. the key words in your post, however, are "thinks he will get playing time".

Quote Originally Posted by TXBison View Post
    Historically it was worse there wasn't an 85 limit, the richer schools ie., Texas etc would have 115 or more to keep their competition from getting them and now with TV money they would all easily go to 100 just to have the depth they all want.
    Absolutely. Heck if the Gophers had an extra 5 scholarships every year, would they have offered guys like Turner, Olson, Vraa, and Williams? Guys who are bubble BCS type players? It would hurt the quality of football and possibly killed the NFL careers of guys like Marcus and Turner who would have had a tougher time cracking the lineup of a BCS roster even more loaded with talent. It would really ruin college football outside of the power 5 conferences

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Ben Ellefson leads Class 2A Hawley (8-2) to victory over Class 4A Moorhead (8-3) 78-68.
    The 6' 4" Ellefson had 40 points and 10 rebounds in Hawley's 8th staight victory.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/high-s...oys-basketball

http://www.wday.com/sports/3644164-e...y-win-moorhead