Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: 2015 Verbal: Ben Ellefson

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2015 Verbal: Ben Ellefson

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Growing up in north central ND, I had no idea that we were poor because, I think, most everyone else was at the time. Even the few big farmers that had some money didn't really flaunt it and there was a major drought going on in the late 80's that was kicking their ass.

Opposite situation when I lived in Western Michigan after college. You'd regularly see some really fancy sport car or luxury car/truck of some sort parked in front of a really shitty house with a crappy swingset on the front lawn. That always spoke volumes to me about someone's priorities.
    I spent some time down in the bayou of Louisiana and this was my experience too. There was one house in the town I was living/working in that looked like it would fall over with a stiff breeze but out front sat a jacked up brand new Chevy 2500, a brand new Lincoln Navigator "on dubs", and a brand new Mercedes. Blew my mind. Gotta love that oil money.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Maybe they'd rather have a nice car then pay property taxes. I'm starting to lean this way myself as property taxes are getting outrageous!
    It's all about priorities. We'd rather have a less expensive house and have more money to spend on vacations, concert tickets, and other experiences.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Nobody knows where you live, but they see what you drive.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Nobody knows where you live, but they see what you drive.
    That only matters if you're living your life for other people.
    Insert something clever here...