Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Verbal: Ben Ellefson

Default Re: 2015 Verbal: Ben Ellefson

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Ben Ellefson leads Class 2A Hawley (8-2) to victory over Class 4A Moorhead (8-3) 78-68.
    The 6' 4" Ellefson had 40 points and 10 rebounds in Hawley's 8th staight victory.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/high-s...oys-basketball

http://www.wday.com/sports/3644164-e...y-win-moorhead
    1st off, little old 2A school over a 4A? Nice work by Hawley. 2nd, great to see him put up numbers like this, as it shows great athleticism and versatility. And C, nice little review of Ben's work ethic and personality by his head BB coach.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Anyone think that Maxx Williams declaring for the draft will impact Minnesota looking to offer Ellefson?

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    Anyone think that Maxx Williams declaring for the draft will impact Minnesota looking to offer Ellefson?
    Ouch! Hadn't thought of that angle.
    Hopefully the Gophers get one of their other choices at TE. Of their 20 current verbals (per Rivals)
    none look like current TE's. One, however, is a 6' 5" QB, but he would be a project at 192 lbs if QB did not wrok out.
    Rivals shows Minnesota with 5 offers to TE's, but 4 verbaled elsewhere,
    leaving only Bryce Witham (6' 4" 240 lbs). FWIW, Ben Ellefson is a 2 star rank, with Witham unranked.
    Witham also has offers from Central Michigan, Toledo and Southern Miss,
    so I'd like to think the Gophs could win that recruiting battle. But, Coach Kill & Co must have back-up plans..........

Guys, Maxx leaving isn't a shock to anyone, I am sure their staff knew that....or was a huge possiblity for sure.

I am not sure we have had a guy like Ellefson before. He is a pass catching TE that is also proven to be very physical. That is what was impressive at camp, how physical and tough he was. To see him put up 40 and 10 like that is awesome. Quite an athlete. Cannot wait for his fax on signing day!
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Guys, Maxx leaving isn't a shock to anyone, I am sure their staff knew that....or was a huge possiblity for sure.

I am not sure we have had a guy like Ellefson before. He is a pass catching TE that is also proven to be very physical. That is what was impressive at camp, how physical and tough he was. To see him put up 40 and 10 like that is awesome. Quite an athlete. Cannot wait for his fax on signing day!
    What he and Marcus Collins could bring to this passing game in the future is not something that we have seen at NDSU. I am very excited, especially about Stick and the offense.
    Now this is the law of the prairie
    As old and as true as the sky
    And the Bison that keep it will prosper
    And the Bison that break it will die
    As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk
    This law is the final word:
    For the strength of the Herd is the Bison
    And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.

Ben Ellefson with 22 pts and 12 rbs in Class 2A Hawley's 80-67 loss to Class 4A Stillwater (6-5).
    2nd night in a row for Hawley to be up against a Class 4A school in the Moorhead Holiday Tourney.
    The Forum described Ellefson as being up against another linebacker, Matt Anderson.
    Found a MaxPreps listing of him as being a TE/DE, 6' 4" 230 lbs. Anderson had 14 pts.
    Also of note from Stillwater was 6' 10" Kyle McKinley, who is (was?) a 2015 NDSU interest. (16 pts, 10 rbs)
    He is listed at 210 lbs, and from his photo in the Forum, don't think he has gained much since then.
    Listed with offers from South Dakota, W Kentucky, Lafayette, Albany and others.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/high-s...urnament-title

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Every time these player threads get bumped I go "gulp". Thankful it's only bouncy ball updates and not the other kind of news.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by Herd12 View Post
    What he and Marcus Collins could bring to this passing game in the future is not something that we have seen at NDSU. I am very excited, especially about Stick and the offense.
    Nate Jenson also. He was actually a wr in high school and bigger frame than Marcus. Donr get me wrong, hella excited aboit Marcus but equally excited about Nate

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    Nate Jenson also. He was actually a wr in high school and bigger frame than Marcus. Donr get me wrong, hella excited aboit Marcus but equally excited about Nate
    I was saying this at lunch with a friend today.....how many darn TE are we gunna have...and the talent, WOW!!! I am huge fan of attacking with TE. So I love it!

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 11>1 View Post
    Every time these player threads get bumped I go "gulp". Thankful it's only bouncy ball updates and not the other kind of news.

This^^^^^^