Page 90 of 209 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Recruiting Prospects

Default Re: 2015 Recruiting Summary

"Belleview West's Dominic Davis 81 pass TD from Sherand Boyd highlighted the 69-21 win friday night, Davis finished 3-for-127."
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2015 Recruiting Prospects

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Jamar Cain used to be the DC at Wyoming where they recruited Cali. He was at Cal Poly too. Ive never been a big fan of going that far out of footprint but if you can get the occasional difference maker let's do it
    Agree...we are doing fine with the midwest.

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    John Richardson and Michael Murphy come to mind.
    Not enough to convince me.

reformedUNDfan is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    Not enough to convince me.
    it is for me.

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

@TerryVandrovec: Just in: Roosevelt senior WR/K @ChaseVinatieri said he has given a verbal to @GoJacksFB. Rated 3 stars by ESPN; 2 by Rivals. NDSU offered.

Obvious Adam bribe. Lol
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Obvious Adam bribe. Lol
    If you can prove it that's an NCAA violation for sure.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

This is kind of OT but not sure where to post my rant.

These recruiting analysis websites are so ridiculous. Here's how the NFL combine site describes Tim Flanders weaknesses. OK so if I read this it says he's slow, doesn't have any moves, and runs with no power and if there's nothing there he's a dead dog. Oh and can't pass protect and he has little hands. Sounds like a terrible player!

Weaknesses
    Has very small hands. Had 999 college carries and took a lot of hits. Average creativity -- not dynamic and does not string moves together. Lacks top-end speed to pull away from the pack. Not a powerful tackle-breaker and often goes down on initial contact (average yards after contact). Does not create his own hole. Will need work in pass protection.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Yeah well they are comparing him to real NFL backs like Marshawn Lynch, AP etc
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Yeah well they are comparing him to real NFL backs like Marshawn Lynch, AP etc
    They also said Jerrick McKinnon was practice squad material and after 1 game of starting he looked just as good as AP. That was a hell of a start for the kid and had a catch for 17 yards too. I remember when we played him I thought Grant Olson was taking bad angles. Reality is we couldnt prep for a guy with that much athletic ability. After watching NFL defenses struggle it's obvious he's a super athlete

Here's his "weaknesses" sounds similar to Flanders except he's fast

Weaknesses
    Average size and run strength -- not a tackle-breaker. Runs a bit upright. Average burst to the perimeter. Not a creative, make-you-miss runner. Very limited career receiving production (10 career catches). Not stout in pass protection

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    They also said Jerrick McKinnon was practice squad material and after 1 game of starting he looked just as good as AP. That was a hell of a start for the kid and had a catch for 17 yards too. I remember when we played him I thought Grant Olson was taking bad angles. Reality is we couldnt prep for a guy with that much athletic ability. After watching NFL defenses struggle it's obvious he's a super athlete

Here's his "weaknesses" sounds similar to Flanders except he's fast

Weaknesses
    Average size and run strength -- not a tackle-breaker. Runs a bit upright. Average burst to the perimeter. Not a creative, make-you-miss runner. Very limited career receiving production (10 career catches). Not stout in pass protection
    That is an idiotic assessment by that draft "expert." McKinnon got a ton of YAC against NDSU and was elusive and fast in the open field. Sure, he didn't catch many passes and sure, he wasn't good in pass protection. Maybe because he was playing QB?