Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Makers, Ticket Demand and Opportunity

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Team Makers, Ticket Demand and Opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Suites--thats a dome thing. NDSU gets nothing from them I have been told.
    There are a lot of potential revenue streams the program is missing out on because of the city owning the dome.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Waiting list is already established. Its called the priority points list. Next man up gets them unless somebody drops a HUGE and I mean HUGE amount of cash.
    Suites--thats a dome thing. NDSU gets nothing from them I have been told.
    You miss the point. If truly 20,000 more tickets or whatever number of season tickets could have been sold last year, all these people are not on the priority points list. Many of these have no connection to NDSU, so they aren't getting points. They just want tickets. Get them on a list. Philedelphia Eagles or Redskins have 50,000 on their list. $100 to sign up. So start a new non team makers list. $100 to be on it. Guess what? You just made a $100, but you also have a new person to contact in the future. I highly doubt the program has a list of the people wanting tickets last year.

Suites- Yes the dome is a Fargo facility, I noted that, and I didn't say there would be more suites. I indicated to find out who wants suites and come up with a program for them. If someone is willing to spend $80k for a suite, with the primary use of them is Bison football, there has to be an opportunity to attract some of that money to the program under some VIP type program.

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    You miss the point. If truly 20,000 more tickets or whatever number of season tickets could have been sold last year, all these people are not on the priority points list. Many of these have no connection to NDSU, so they aren't getting points. They just want tickets. Get them on a list. Philedelphia Eagles or Redskins have 50,000 on their list. $100 to sign up. So start a new non team makers list. $100 to be on it. Guess what? You just made a $100, but you also have a new person to contact in the future. I highly doubt the program has a list of the people wanting tickets last year.

Suites- Yes the dome is a Fargo facility, I noted that, and I didn't say there would be more suites. I indicated to find out who wants suites and come up with a program for them. If someone is willing to spend $80k for a suite, with the primary use of them is Bison football, there has to be an opportunity to attract some of that money to the program under some VIP type program.

Whos going to pay to get on a list when they know you need priority points to get seats?? I believe that would be highly unethical to try and sell that one.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

There's another way to look at the priority points. You get a chance to buy tickets as a reward for donating. Not the PROMISE to give but rather AFTER you have given. The more you give, the higher you move on the priority list. My understanding of the suites is that the people who own the contracts on the suites get them for every dome event. I'm guessing THEY could sell their tickets but NDSU isn't in the loop.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    There are a lot of potential revenue streams the program is missing out on because of the city owning the dome.
    However if the city did not own the dome, then the Bison would still be playing at Dacotah field. More than likely that is.
    Soccer would not be using their new surface, etc etc..
    The practice fields might still be grass, because the turf failed in the dome. Etc Etc..

Not saying what you said was not true.

Whos going to pay to get on a list when they know you need priority points to get seats?? I believe that would be highly unethical to try and sell that one.
    There are tickets that aren't TM tickets and not subject to priority points. Granted in reality they aren't available.

None the less, you need to come up a with a mechanism that gets everyone is on a list. And if they want to be on a list pay for it.

Right now there is more than one set of rules operating. Get it all on won page.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    There's another way to look at the priority points. You get a chance to buy tickets as a reward for donating. Not the PROMISE to give but rather AFTER you have given. The more you give, the higher you move on the priority list. My understanding of the suites is that the people who own the contracts on the suites get them for every dome event. I'm guessing THEY could sell their tickets but NDSU isn't in the loop.
    If you have a suite and your suite has 16 seats. You get 16 bison tickets per game and per event. You also have for concerts, monster trucks, the option to buy additional tickets to those events before they go on sale. NDSU gets the value of 16 tickets per game. The dome gets the suite revenue.

My point. Why would you want a suite today? Bison tickets. There are not enough events to justify a suite. So if a suite is available, you are paying $40,000 for 16 tickets (cheap package). So I hear a company wants to make a $40k payment to get Bison football tickets, I would think there is some way to come up a plan for them.

NDSU controls the tickets to Bison games, get them tickets.

There are tickets that aren't TM tickets and not subject to priority points. Granted in reality they aren't available.

None the less, you need to come up a with a mechanism that gets everyone is on a list. And if they want to be on a list pay for it.

Right now there is more than one set of rules operating. Get it all on won page.
    I could be wrong here because it's happened to me just a few times in my life, but I believe people that already have season tickets get first dibs on adding more before someone without tickets gets them. I'm sure this follows the point system as well. I'm betting until a few down years (let's pray this never happens), no one new, unless you're high up the list, is going to get tickets. A new stadium will have to be built in order for that to happen.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    I could be wrong here because it's happened to me just a few times in my life, but I believe people that already have season tickets get first dibs on adding more before someone without tickets gets them. I'm sure this follows the point system as well. I'm betting until a few down years (let's pray this never happens), no one new, unless you're high up the list, is going to get tickets. A new stadium will have to be built in order for that to happen.
    If I read the Football Seating Chart Right, you have 11 sections of reserved seats in which no TM fees are attached. So you have 5,000 tickets that are only cost of tickets. You ad a fee to those tickets. Cost of everything has gone up.

Now I really am wondering about this whole priority points thing. I am not a team maker, but my priority point number is less than 2,500. There are 2,600 team makers. So the whole ticket thing makes no sense that I am that high.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    If the wife is okay with it I wouldn't mind. Anyone familiar with Dave Ramsey's FPU this would count in the tithing portion, right?
    I'm not sure if you're joking, but no. Tithing is giving 10% of your income to the church or temple.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!