Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Makers, Ticket Demand and Opportunity

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Team Makers, Ticket Demand and Opportunity

We can go back and forth as to whether Team Makers membership is necessary to make you a good fan or a better fan. But lets look at the numbers.

Football Tickets-

(I am going to round numbers for simplicity and make assumptions that average team maker has 4 tickets).

I believe Teammakers has approximately 2,000 members. And lets say each has 4 tickets (I know all don't but making an example). That accounts for 8,000 tickets. Season tickets are cut off at 12,000.

That means 4,000 tickets sold to none team maker.

In addition demand. If there is truly a demand for 20,000 more tickets that people want to believe, again 4 per person, 5,000 people wanting tickets.

I have two groups, that 1) own tickets and are not part of team makers, and 2) an additional group of 5,000 that want tickets aren't team makers. (Remember I assume, all team makers have tickets).

So don't I have 6,000 prospects for 1) Team maker membership and 2) if not team makers, be willing to support the program if they can't get tickets?

Next question? Who is the group that wants the 20,000 tickets? If somebody wants tickets, but does not get them, are they on a list somewhere? If no, why not?

I have raised this point, why not pay $100/ticket to be on a waiting list like many NFL teams do? I have been told, this is done with person's on the ticket waiting list for Team Makers tickets, your dues get you on the waiting list. That is fine, but that is one group, that does not have tickets. There has to be another group that wants tickets that aren't on the waiting list.

So again, we have found out that there are people that are involved with the university, sports programs, that are not in team makers. But they want tickets. Why not have another non team maker waiting list but get paid for it? Also this helps quantify demand. Which in turns help you plan for expansion, FBS move etc.

Default Re: Team Makers, Ticket Demand and Opportunity

Step #1. Require a Team Makers donation for 100% of sideline reserved seating. Maybe there is a negative to this but I can't think of one.

Item 2
    Bigger Contributions to get Tickets Now.
    As been discussed, there is demand for season tickets right now from persons willing to write the check. Again, lets make the assumption there are 100 tickets that could be sold for a $2,500/ticket contribution to the Athletic Department. That is $250,000. Why can't the Athletic Department come up with 100 tickets to accomendate this type of donation and get them the seats? They sell 100 less GA Seats in the South End? They move the one student section on west to the South end. If demand is as truly as great as discussed, to me this is an easy one.

Take a step further. If they are not getting tickets for the contribution, is the money getting captured by the athletic department? I would guess not. So again, it is a potential revenue source that could be captured.

Item 3- Fargo Dome Suites

Last I heard suite rentals are 40,000 to 80,000/year, depends if you get the advertising package to go with it. I don't know how much NDSU gets for the suite rental.

But right now you can not rent a suite, nor do they put you name on a waiting list. This may be an entirely a Fargodome issue.

But lets say there are ten groups that want suites today. $40,000 per suite. Why do they want them? Football. There is another potential $400,000.

Obviously, suites aren't available., come up with another package to accomendate them.

Different access, let them go to the Fargodome convention space above the ticket office and drink at half time or have a reception area available to them. Charter to a road game a year. Again, VIP packages are common at concerts, pro sports.

Key to all three items I noted.

1) Waiting list fee
    2) Season ticket immediately
    3) Suites.

All are catering to different cliental, but in each case, you may bring someone to the table that is not currently bringing money to the NDSU Athletic Program.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm too lazy to look up the information myself. So maybe some of you can enlighten me. To some questions I have.

*Are there really only 2000 TMs?
    *What is the lowest TM "package" available?
    *As an alum why am I not receiving packages in the mail about this? I sure do for the college of business and NDSU Alumni Association.

I haven't really been in position to be a TM with life events but hopefully in the near future it will be.

Trumpster is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    I'm too lazy to look up the information myself. So maybe some of you can enlighten me. To some questions I have.

*Are there really only 2000 TMs?
    *What is the lowest TM "package" available?
    *As an alum why am I not receiving packages in the mail about this? I sure do for the college of business and NDSU Alumni Association.

I haven't really been in position to be a TM with life events but hopefully in the near future it will be.
    There's approximately 2600 TMs
    I believe it's $100 for the booster level, but I doubt they turn money away.
    No Idea
    Hail Hydra.

We have a ton of potential in basketball too. It's the ticket to raising money. It starts with actually getting some good home games and marketing the team through TV.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpster View Post
    There's approximately 2600 TMs
    I believe it's $100 for the booster level, but I doubt they turn money away.
    No Idea
    Well shit $100 isn't that much especially if they would setup like a monthly $10 thing. I was thinking it was like $250 which is still only like $21/mo. but I had no idea. I've been in KAB's camp all along that recruitment needs to really step it up. Buddy up to potential big dollar donors and simple mailings right after, 1 year after and five years after to all graduates. At $100/yr it doesn't seem out of line that there should be 10,000 TMs.

Hail bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    Item 3- Fargo Dome Suites

Last I heard suite rentals are 40,000 to 80,000/year, depends if you get the advertising package to go with it. I don't know how much NDSU gets for the suite rental.

But right now you can not rent a suite, nor do they put you name on a waiting list. This may be an entirely a Fargodome issue.

But lets say there are ten groups that want suites today. $40,000 per suite. Why do they want them? Football. There is another potential $400,000.

Obviously, suites aren't available., come up with another package to accomendate them.

Different access, let them go to the Fargodome convention space above the ticket office and drink at half time or have a reception area available to them. Charter to a road game a year. Again, VIP packages are common at concerts, pro sports.
    I have an in law with part of suite. I do know that if you have seats, they are your's no matter what the event. I wouldn't know if NDSU gets a percentage