Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Year Round Bison Football

Default Re: Year Round Bison Football

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    I can relate to it, but that is what the NFL has done and as result that is why the values of the franchises, tv deals, marketing have gone through the roof.

There has been a lot a talk about money, raising money, then this is the type of presentation NDSU has to make. They are fighting for a finite amount of disposable income, they are competing against the Redhawks, Sioux Hockey, Wefest, so they need to be in the public eye and create a buzz.

I fail to see how NDSU is fighting against Wefest or Sioux hockey. Wefest has nothing to do with NDSU, except maybe a choir concert or something? Sioux hockey doesnt compete against NDSU, b/c NDSU doesnt have hockey. Fans that attend Sioux hockey are there b/c they like the game. The Force are more likely to challenge Sioux hockey than NDSU football... heck, I will even give you NDSU mens BB is trying to challenge sioux hockey.

The Redhawks, play at a different time of year than NDSU baseball, so that really doesnt match up. Also, have you been to a Redhawks baseball game the same time as a NDSU football... there is maybe 500 fans if that at the baseball game. So football has already taken that.

there are ndsu travel options been offered thru alumni emailings.
    NDSU does NOT promote its NFL players, hell to the NO and it sucks.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

What was the snowmobile event the Vikings used to do in Brainerd? Ski Trip, Golf outings, cruises like the washed up rock bands do.

Speaking of cruises, UND Alumni has Alumni Trips, cruises that I hear are well done. 50-200 Und Alum on a big boats cruising throughout the world. Its a way to get the touches Herdbot mentioned I don't know if NDSU does something like this.
    Yeah the alumni association sponsors trips.

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Loud and Proud Bison fan View Post
    [/B]

I fail to see how NDSU is fighting against Wefest or Sioux hockey. Wefest has nothing to do with NDSU, except maybe a choir concert or something? Sioux hockey doesnt compete against NDSU, b/c NDSU doesnt have hockey. Fans that attend Sioux hockey are there b/c they like the game. The Force are more likely to challenge Sioux hockey than NDSU football... heck, I will even give you NDSU mens BB is trying to challenge sioux hockey.

The Redhawks, play at a different time of year than NDSU baseball, so that really doesnt match up. Also, have you been to a Redhawks baseball game the same time as a NDSU football... there is maybe 500 fans if that at the baseball game. So football has already taken that.

Concept is discretionary income or disposable income. You have core living expenses, housing, car, health care, hopefully some savings and the remainder is what you have to spend on other items. Entertainment, eating out travel. NDSU is in completion for those dollars. You might have a person that attends 10 red hawks games a year. NDSU is competition for those dollars. Just has the Redhawks are competing against NDSU dollars. Is there an event that NDSU can put on that I spend my money on an NDSU Product or promotion, versus we fest.

I think you are completely wrong on the UND Hockey comment. The Ralph is selling Suites, the FargoDome has suites, there is corporate sponsorships involved, NDSU football, also have UND hockey tickets. So you there is competition for the next dollar spent.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Yeah the alumni association sponsors trips.
    Obviously I am on the bad boy alumni list. I don't get 10-15 contacts a year from the school. I get the UND Alumni trip mailer and I never even went to school there.

Obviously I am on the bad boy alumni list. I don't get 10-15 contacts a year from the school. I get the UND Alumni trip mailer and I never even went to school there.
    Obviously un_ hacked the NDSU computer and transferred your account.

533 In a row

How's the wining and dining? Olive Garden?

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    How's the wining and dining? Olive Garden?
    You can deal with a 1,000 people that give a $100 or deal with 100 have get give a $1,000. Either way its $100,000. You go to Mcdonalds, I will go to Olive Garden.

They've done a great job. After basketball season it's kind of a snore fest for me and I try to enjoy the summer.

1) Signing Day. For nerds like me it's kind of like the NFL draft for NCAA teams. Gets me past February.

2) Spring game. The coverage has been improved with it being televised state wide. It's not only state wide, it's getting good radio coverage as well. The crowds have been solid and they even added tailgating. For me it's like a warmup session. The Showcase has grown. Gets me through April.

3) DVD releases. I hope they don't stop doing them if we don't four peat. I enjoy these videos. I actually wish they kept the premiere at the Fargo Theater. It keeps me entertained for at least a month.

4) Road Show has been awesome. Love the grass roots efforts. I've never been to one but it's entertaining.

5) Fan day is a good time. I usually stop by the Scheels for the annual event they have.

All in all it's great... except for the Summer Time in which I work on tailgating stuff.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    there are ndsu travel options been offered thru alumni emailings.
    NDSU does NOT promote its NFL players, hell to the NO and it sucks.
    How would you suggest we promote them?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com